Sign in to follow this  
prometheus59650

Bryan Fuller Exits "American Gods."

1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I admire his writing talent, but does he ever stick to one job for more than a year?  :confused:

LOL.

I don't get it either.

Locutus   
10 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

LOL.

I don't get it either.

I wonder if he will return to Star Trek: Discovery?  I certainly would not mind having him back in the writers room.

2 minutes ago, Locutus said:

I wonder if he will return to Star Trek: Discovery?  I certainly would not mind having him back in the writers room.

I wouldn't either, but I suspect he'll move on to something else because, while he still gets a title card because he did a lot of the foundational work, it's not HIS show, it's not the anthology he wanted.

1 hour ago, Dillkid said:

I'd like it if he come back to the Discovery writer's room.

I haven't seen much of Discovery, will not pay for All (or nothing) Access, and will wait until the DVD set comes out. As for Fuller leaving yet another pet project, what could it mean? Is he just having creative issues everywhere?

Edited by Chimera82405

16 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I admire his writing talent, but does he ever stick to one job for more than a year?  :confused:

He's pretty good at exiting.

Maybe he needs to be constantly stimulated. Maybe he loves the early stages of creation. Maybe he needs new challenges. But it seems difficult to keep creative control of licensed projects with so many interested parties involved...

I wonder if and how much Neil Gaiman stuck his oar in?

I'll never watch American Gods, so this is good news as far as I'm concerned. Doubt Fuller will return to Trek, but stranger things have happened. There's always the possibility of more Trek shows though, so maybe... just maybe he could be lured back...

Locutus   
3 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

I'll never watch American Gods, so this is good news as far as I'm concerned. Doubt Fuller will return to Trek, but stranger things have happened. There's always the possibility of more Trek shows though, so maybe... just maybe he could be lured back...

He did suggest when he left that, if they want him back for Season 2, they know his number.

1 hour ago, Locutus said:

He did suggest when he left that, if they want him back for Season 2, they know his number.

I suspect that ship has sailed.

13 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

My wife saw a couple of “American Gods” and seemed to like it initially, but she gave up on it after awhile (she’s fickle that way... :P ).

16 hours ago, Tupperfan said:

Maybe he needs to be constantly stimulated. Maybe he loves the early stages of creation. Maybe he needs new challenges. But it seems difficult to keep creative control of licensed projects with so many interested parties involved...

^
This could be.  I don’t know his financial picture (I assume it’s good?) but a lot of producers like to stick with a sure thing; at least for the job security.  Maybe he’s one of those souls that thrives on uncertainty (?), I dunno. 

Edit: I stand corrected; my wife didn't abandon "American Gods."  The show is on hiatus and she says she will return when it does, so...my bad.  

Sign in to follow this