Sign in to follow this  
prometheus59650

Isaacs Blocked by Shatner on Twitter

Link

Honestly, I kind of don't care why. My last straw with Shatner was him trashing Nimoy by calling his planned departure from TWOK fake; trying to sully the integrity of the man after a 50-year friendship that fell away because Shatner's wants couldn't allow him to give that friend the modicum of respect that he asked for.

I think I like Lorca better and I definitely like Isaacs better.

Also, a link in there to another article on the Voq theory. "No one's got it all right."

7 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Link

Honestly, I kind of don't care why.

Wow...

It’s so ridiculous it almost sounds like a fake story, but yeah; there you go.   I think Shatner just talked himself out of a future Disco cameo (not that it would ever happen anyway, thank goodness...).

My last straw with Shatner was him trashing Nimoy by calling his planned departure from TWOK fake; trying to sully the integrity of the man after a 50-year friendship that fell away because Shatner's wants couldn't allow him to give that friend the modicum of respect that he asked for.

This.  Trashing Nimoy after his death was really LOW.

Also, a link in there to another article on the Voq theory. "No one's got it all right."

Yeah, saw that.  But it seems to imply that we got some of it right... ;)

8 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Link

Honestly, I kind of don't care why. My last straw with Shatner was him trashing Nimoy by calling his planned departure from TWOK fake; trying to sully the integrity of the man after a 50-year friendship that fell away because Shatner's wants couldn't allow him to give that friend the modicum of respect that he asked for.

Shatner's aura is collapsing like a neutron star. He sounds more and more like another bitter old man who is a little too infatuated with himself...

4 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Yeah, saw that.  But it seems to imply that we got some of it right... ;)

And it doesn't mean they'll execute it right either. Maybe we didn't get it all because maybe, just maybe, it's a half-baked idea.

48 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Wow...

It’s so ridiculous it almost sounds like a fake story, but yeah; there you go.   I think Shatner just talked himself out of a future Disco cameo (not that it would ever happen anyway, thank goodness...).

Having some sense of his ego, he's probably mad that he hasn't been begged  asked.

48 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

This.  Trashing Nimoy after his death was really LOW.

As a fan, I put up with a lot of his ego because fan, but damn, there was no reason for that. Not when, in decades I'd heard nothing about Nimoy beyond stories of his generosity.

Just...no more of Shatner's ego.

39 minutes ago, Tupperfan said:

Shatner's aura is collapsing like a neutron star. He sounds more and more like another bitter old man who is a little too infatuated with himself...

I think that's been true since he was busted line-counting in '66.

39 minutes ago, Tupperfan said:

And it doesn't mean they'll execute it right either. Maybe we didn't get it all because maybe, just maybe, it's a half-baked idea.

We'll know in a month or so. :)

Edited by prometheus59650

In general, Jason Isaacs has been very deferential to Trek’s TOS captain, even going as far as calling Bill Shatner’s work on Star Trek “genius.” Some in the media think Shatner’s block may be a reaction to Isaacs comments earlier this month about being opposed to the idea of Shatner doing a cameo on Discovery. However, in his recent interview with TrekMovie, Shatner expressed the same concerns about such a cameo.

Martin-Green Sees Burnham Becoming Captain + Isaacs Doesn’t Want Shatner On ‘Star Trek: Discovery’  (TrekMovie.com)

Hopefully the pair will be able to work things out and be social media friends again.

Gus

Locutus   
5 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

In general, Jason Isaacs has been very deferential to Trek’s TOS captain, even going as far as calling Bill Shatner’s work on Star Trek “genius.” Some in the media think Shatner’s block may be a reaction to Isaacs comments earlier this month about being opposed to the idea of Shatner doing a cameo on Discovery. However, in his recent interview with TrekMovie, Shatner expressed the same concerns about such a cameo.

Martin-Green Sees Burnham Becoming Captain + Isaacs Doesn’t Want Shatner On ‘Star Trek: Discovery’  (TrekMovie.com)

Hopefully the pair will be able to work things out and be social media friends again.

Gus

“If you have stunt celebrity cameo casting, it completely pulls them out of it.”

-Isaacs

I see where Isaacs is coming from with that statement, but for Shatner, that’s got to hurt ... “stunt celebrity.”  I am so pleased to have Isaacs in the Trek fold, and I love the actor’s straight talk, which I find refreshing.  However, it’s far from tactful all the time.  He’s no “Sir” Patrick in that regard.  So yeah, Shatner’s pissed.  

Edited by Locutus

Sorry for the spat, but, when all is said and done, Isaacs is exactly right.

And, at 86 years-old Shatner should be slightly less in need of having his posterior kissed.

Y'all are reading too much into this. I checked with my sources. Shatner's Twitter people have no idea who Isaacs is, so there's that, and also, Shatner does not write his own tweets. When asked about the trolling from earlier, Shatner didn't even know who he was. After all, Discovery is only on CBS all access, and reviewed all over the internet. The guy is 86. He probably doesn't do YouTube. And how do they even know it's Isaacs in the first place? Well, they don't. The article spread from trekmovie to ew to newsweek, not the other way around. It is at best an internet rumor, nothing more, and a kind of lame one. All this gossip reminds me of All the Children shall Lead.

"No more bonk, bonk!"

Shatner was quite earnest and distraught about what he commented about Nimoy before his death, and not being able to go to his funeral, at the SJ comic con appearance.

His Twitter people started a rumor is all, to keep him in the news, and he's a little miffed he's not on Trek anymore, but really there is no place for Grandpa Kirk to appear somewhere.

Check out the Newsweek online blurb. It seems like Shatner didn't even know who he is, and really he might not, or if he does, doesn't do his twitter, and doesn't care if someone does it for him.

If the name Isaacs just popped up on a twitter of a dude who has no idea who that is, then he might troll him back, not realizing who it is. But it's in serious doubt.

Edited by Chimera82405

Since no one knows anything about your sources, your theory is no more or less valid than anyone else's. How often do people block random followers for no particular reason? Since this happened after a remark that could be seen as disparaging, Occam's razor applies. 

And, given his continued presence in the Trekverse, including the convention circuit, I don't buy that he has no idea at all who Isaacs is.

49 minutes ago, Chimera82405 said:

Shatner was quite earnest and distraught about what he commented about Nimoy before his death, and not being able to go to his funeral, at the SJ comic con appearance.

And no one's referring to that. I actually buy his explanation, though I understand why others might not. What I took issue with now, and always will is Shatner trashing a 50-year friendship by using footage of Nimoy in one of Shatner's Trek projects after being asked by him not to. Then just acting shocked, as though the man has no earthly idea why Nimoy could have been upset. 

Then there's Shatner waiting until the man is dead to suggest that Nimoy's TWOK departure was a publicity stunt. It's a statement after 35 years that seems to have no reason to exist other than to smear Nimoy.

2 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Since no one knows anything about your sources, your theory is no more or less valid than anyone else's. How often do people block random followers for no particular reason? Since this happened after a remark that could be seen as disparaging, Occam's razor applies. 

And, given his continued presence in the Trekverse, including the convention circuit, I don't buy that he has no idea at all who Isaacs is.

And no one's referring to that. I actually buy his explanation, though I understand why others might not. What I took issue with now, and always will is Shatner trashing a 50-year friendship by using footage of Nimoy in one of Shatner's Trek projects after being asked by him not to. Then just acting shocked, as though the man has no earthly idea why Nimoy could have been upset. 

I had real trouble with that too. I've worked quite hard to separate Shatner from Kirk, because unlike what Shatner seems to believe, I don't think he has much in common with the character he originally brought to life.

2 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Then there's Shatner waiting until the man is dead to suggest that Nimoy's TWOK departure was a publicity stunt. It's a statement after 35 years that seems to have no reason to exist other than to smear Nimoy.

Yeah. It was simply... unnecessary to say that.

And, for the record, Isaacs seems like a mensch.

25 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

I had real trouble with that too. I've worked quite hard to separate Shatner from Kirk, because unlike what Shatner seems to believe, I don't think he has much in common with the character he originally brought to life.

No..as I have discovered over the years, he definitely does not. Sadly.

30 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

Yeah. It was simply... unnecessary to say that.

It was. It feels like it just came from a place of him not liking Nimoy's position with the fandom and, "See? He's not all pure."

36 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

And, for the record, Isaacs seems like a mensch.

Yup. Class act and a little bit fearless. I like him a lot.

He seems to have unblocked Isaacs now. A sure way to stay in the news for Shatner. Honestly though, if I were Isaacs, I'd block HIM now. :P It's not that Shatner's tweets are of any particular value these days, all they do is make him seem like a very unpleasant person, regardless of whether he writes them himself (which I sincerely doubt) or not - in the end it really doesn't matter who writes them because whoever does has his approval to do so, and that is bad enough.

2 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

Honestly though, if I were Isaacs, I'd block HIM now. :P 

That’d be Lorca's response.   :laugh:

tumblr_oyagryoQT91wzjqhyo3_500.gif

Soooo, that’s all right then. 

I’m just waiting for Shatner to start going on about how fake news has led him to this. 

5 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

Mild yay, at best. More like, 'kay.

:P

8 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

Or perhaps, just maybe, he was never blocked in the first place, and it was just a silly rumor, or Shatner realized who he was, maybe googled him, and said, oh, that's the new captain, well then I must correct it. Hailing frequencies open! Ha.

5 hours ago, Tupperfan said:

Mild yay, at best. More like, 'kay.

:P

Yeah, that’s my thought on this as well.  Still doesn’t explain why he blocked him in the first place.   The earlier article upthread hinted that Shatner doesn’t like SJW (social justice warriors for the uninitiated; people who use social media to advance their political views, etc. and I have ZERO problem with that, as I do so myself :P), but that doesn’t quite ring true either since Shatner used to be somewhat vocal about his own center-left politics on his old talk show, “Raw Nerve.” 

At either rate, his blocking of Isaacs makes no sense.  What if he needs Isaacs for another one of his “Captains” documentaries?  :giggle:

17 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

At either rate, his blocking of Isaacs makes no sense.  What if he needs Isaacs for another one of his “Captains” documentaries?  :giggle:

"What's it like to be the first evil Starfleet Captain that's not a guest spot?" :) 

4 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

"What's it like to be the first evil Starfleet Captain that's not a guest spot?" :) 

Is that question from Isaacs to Shatner?  :laugh: