Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

Fox Selling FF and X-MEN Movie Rights to Disney

The FANTASTIC FOUR And X-MEN May Finally Come To The MCU As Fox Looks To Sell Movie Studio To Disney

Well, it's fair to say none of us saw this coming! 21st Century Fox has been in talks with Disney to sell its movie studio and that means the Fantastic Four and X-Men characters would return to Marvel.

I have to say, that's too bad. Aside from an inability to make F4 work, Fox did right by their Marvel properties.

And I'm not in love with the idea of, potentially, DisneyMovieCo owning most of Hollywood.

Edited by prometheus59650

Locutus   
4 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

I have to say, that's too bad. Aside from an inability to make F4 work, Fox did right by their Marvel properties.

And I'm not in love with the idea of, potentially, DisneyMovieCo owning most of Hollywood.

Disney is already fleecing theater owners over Star Wars showings.  Demanding bigger takes and prime screens for long windows.  Consumers loose out in the end because those costs will be ultimately be passed on to theater goers.  Seen the price of a Disney animation movie bluray lately?  Out of control.  Competition is our friend.

Edited by Locutus

Just now, Locutus said:

Disney is already fleecing theater owners over Star Wars showings.  Demanding bigger takes and prime screens for long windows.  Consumers loose out in the end because those costs will be ultimately be passed on to theater goers.  Seen the price of a Disney animation movie bluray lately?  Out of control.  Competition is our friend.

Yup.

For TFA, they want 65% of ticket sales upfront and a guarantee that TFA holds their largest screens for 4 weeks minimum.

And those are just the terms that have leaked.

7 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Yup.

For TFA, they want 65% of ticket sales upfront and a guarantee that TFA holds their largest screens for 4 weeks minimum.

And those are just the terms that have leaked.

I assume you meant The Last Jedi?  :P

* that was my last remaining fresh brain cell that remembered that... * 

8 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I assume you meant The Last Jedi?  :P

* that was my last remaining fresh brain cell that remembered that... * 

Oops. Yes. Last Jedi.

My bad. :)

32 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

it's not actually a done deal according to io9:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/if-disney-buys-fox-it-could-change-everything-about-th-1820186640

Even so, seems like a likelihood. I mean, if they really want rid of it, who else to sell to? 

Still, I'd like to see it fall through.

1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

Still, I'd like to see it fall through.

I agree. Too much power concentrated in one place.

Disney Aggressively Resumes Pursuit Of Fox's Film/TV Assets; A Deal Could Happen Before End Of The Year

A new report has confirmed that Walt Disney Co. has resumed talks with 21st Century Fox to purchase the 20th Century Fox movie & TV studio, and it sounds like the deal could happen before the end of 2017.

5 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:
Disney Aggressively Resumes Pursuit Of Fox's Film/TV Assets; A Deal Could Happen Before End Of The Year

A new report has confirmed that Walt Disney Co. has resumed talks with 21st Century Fox to purchase the 20th Century Fox movie & TV studio, and it sounds like the deal could happen before the end of 2017.

The mouse is truly mightier than the Fox...:giggle:

48 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

I can see the announcement of the first movie now: X-Men Vs Disney Princesses. 

If Princess Leia were onboard, I'd say the X-Men are screwed. :giggle:

3 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

The mouse is truly mightier than the Fox...:giggle:

Disney wants their stream service, but Marvel and Disney stuff won't cut it as the sole content.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, and the rest of the Fox stable? That's something else.

3 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

AVENGERS VS  X-MEN !!!

Avengers_vs._X-Men.jpg

Gus

Inevitably.

3 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

If Princess Leia were onboard, I'd say the X-Men are screwed. :giggle:

Seriously, i hope no-one ever goes with the bright idea of crossovers between all those different Disney-owned fictional universes. I really, really don't. In comics, the big "event" crossovers screw everything up; it robs every title of its unique qualities, purees the stories into bland "character moments" and set pieces. I'm not overly excited for Infinity War for these reasons - all too often, you end up with something that feels like it was written by a committee, with no heart, no soul, and ultimately no satisfaction for readers/viewers.

54 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Disney wants their stream service, but Marvel and Disney stuff won't cut it as the sole content.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, and the rest of the Fox stable? That's something else.

Yeah, to mention just a few. This'll give them a lot more firepower.

Edited by Robin Bland

Disney Is Now Said To Be The Favourite To Acquire 21st Century Fox's Media Assets

Though talks with Comcast are still active, an update on Disney's potential acquisition of Fox's stable of Marvel characters - and a lot more besides - suggests that The Mouse House is the favourite. Good nite, boa noite !

Marvel Studios Boss Kevin Feige Said To Be "Eager" To Bring The X-Men Into The Marvel Cinematic Universe

A new report delves deep into the planned merger between Disney and Fox and it probably won't surprise you to learn that Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige is anxious to get his hands on the X-Men.

On December 5, 2017 at 1:09 PM, prometheus59650 said:

Welp, if all Fox TV ends up on Disneyflix, I'll probably have to sign on.

Pretty soon, all of my viewing will be via subscription streaming. :ohmy:

1 hour ago, GustavoLeao said:
Marvel Studios Boss Kevin Feige Said To Be "Eager" To Bring The X-Men Into The Marvel Cinematic Universe

A new report delves deep into the planned merger between Disney and Fox and it probably won't surprise you to learn that Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige is anxious to get his hands on the X-Men.

And I'd be perfectly okay with that.

Sign in to follow this