Sign in to follow this  
Locutus

Admiral Cornwall True Identity Revealed?

Locutus   

SPOILER WARNING ...

Alright, so I just read an article pointing out that there is a character named Lethe from the TOS “Dagger of the Mind.”  She is a therapist that has undergone some psychological trauma that makes her no longer the person she once was.  The episode heavily featuring Admiral Cornwall is called “Lethe.”  She simply has to be this person ...

TOS1x09d.png

Tomorrow’s episode might give more insight into her trauma.

Agree? Disagree?

Edited by Locutus

Locutus   
3 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Aside from the fact that the woman above has got at least 10 years on Cornwell?

Meh, minor detail.  Age is subjective.  She doesn’t look THAT much younger.

1 hour ago, Locutus said:

Meh, minor detail.  Age is subjective.  She doesn’t look THAT much younger.

Meh. "Minor details" are subjective. It's not Cornwell, as she would be in her mid-sixties at that point. This woman is 40,  absolute tops.

I mean, if they WANT to say these two people are the same person, that's fine, it would only reinforce to me that this not the prime timeline, no matter what they're trying to tell me.

Edited by prometheus59650

Locutus   
3 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Meh. "Minor details" are subjective. It's not Cornwell, as she would be in her mid-sixties at that point. This woman is 40,  absolute tops.

I mean, if they WANT to say these two people are the same person, that's fine, it would only reinforce to me that this not the prime timeline, no matter what they're trying to tell me.

Yeah maybe.  I do see your point.  Still, odd coincidence. 

5 minutes ago, Locutus said:

Yeah maybe.  I do see your point.  Still, odd coincidence. 

Besides, my educated guess based on the previews for tomorrow's episode is that...Cornwell won't be part of the cast anymore.

Lethe is the Greek spirit (or river) of forgetfulness. 

I think that idea/name fit thematically with the DSC episode; which dealt with suppressed memories.  It was also intended metaphorically for the character we saw in “Dagger...” who was ‘cured’ by scrubbing her mind and memory and turning her into a quasi-zombie. 

But as for Cornwall being the same character?  I think that’d be far too literal-minded, not to mention inaccurate; Cornwall wasn’t particularly forgetful, nor is that a trait I’d assign to her character. 

Locutus   
27 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Lethe is the Greek spirit (or river) of forgetfulness. 

I think that idea/name fit thematically with the DSC episode; which dealt with suppressed memories.  It was also intended metaphorically for the character we saw in “Dagger...” who was ‘cured’ by scrubbing her mind and memory and turning her into a quasi-zombie. 

But as for Cornwall being the same character?  I think that’d be far too literal-minded, not to mention inaccurate; Cornwall wasn’t particularly forgetful, nor is that a trait I’d assign to her character. 

Good points.  I'm pretty convinced you both are right now that I think about it.  Still, it is nice to have a new Star Trek series to postulate ridiculous theories about!

6 hours ago, Locutus said:

Good points.  I'm pretty convinced you both are right now that I think about it.  Still, it is nice to have a new Star Trek series to postulate ridiculous theories about!

Oh, absolutely!  Where's the fun if it's all laid out for us, right? ;)