Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

JJ TREK Auction Brings Questions on the Future of Movie Franchise

According to TrekMovie.com an auction of original props, costumes and decoration pieces from the 2009 STAR TREK rebooot movie and 2013’s STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS has been set for early December. Paramount Pictures is working with Prop Store who will be holing a live auction on Saturday, December 2nd with over 400 lots from J.J. Abrams first two JJ TREK movies.

A TrekMovie reader commented  :

"I think Paramount would never get rid of old costumes and props until the next movie in development was greenlit and they knew there was no chance of those items ever being needed. Old uniforms could easily be used for deep background in scenes as well. This is pretty much a nail in the coffin for the JJ TREK incarnation from Bad Robot. It means a complete reboot by a future producer which will never need the Bad Robot designed stuff again (because royalties would be due if ever used again in any other production)."

Hmmmm, curious.........

23130828_10214805613993117_6598035517199

22885985_10214805613833113_5807515001101

22815184_10214805613753111_6145615221735

Gus

"

Could be; but I'd no more cite a Trekmovie reader as a 'source' than I would myself as an insider.   At any rate, is it possible they're packing it up and calling it a day on KelvinTrek?  Possibly.   Or...is it also possible that they might be going in a different direction and look (and possibly using props/etc from DSC)?   Also possible.  

It's really a shame if the former because I think they were hitting their stride with ST Beyond.  Just my opinion. 

Since this person's opinion is as valid as mine, being that we're both know-nothings about this subject, I'll wait until Paramount tells me something.

Well, yes, you are right, I just think curious that all of the TrekMovie readers (and I mean all of them) is calling this "the nail in the coffin" for JJ TREK

I wonder.

Gus

1 hour ago, GustavoLeao said:

Well, yes, you are right, I just think curious that all of the TrekMovie readers (and I mean all of them) is calling this "the nail in the coffin" for JJ TREK

I wonder.

Gus

They’re entitled to their opinions, of course.

I remember people saying that ENT’s cancellation 12 years ago was the ‘end of Star Trek’ for television and well, here we are today.

ST has a LONG track record of defying naysayers. 

kenman   

If they are mostly selling stuff from the first two movies, that doesn’t really mean much. They changed the uniforms for Beyond, and if they are getting rid of Klingon stuff...great! Lets have more new stuff. 

Who knows what they plan for this film franchise, it cpuld be over, it could be not. Either way I am happy. Beyond was a high note to go on in many ways, but it also made me happy to actually see that cast continue, a feeling I did not have after Into Darkness. So if it ends, I feel satisfied with what they did do, if not...cool more Trek. 

But I doubt the auction has any bearing on the next movie being doneso. 

8 minutes ago, kenman said:

If they are mostly selling stuff from the first two movies, that doesn’t really mean much. They changed the uniforms for Beyond, and if they are getting rid of Klingon stuff...great! Lets have more new stuff. 

Who knows what they plan for this film franchise, it cpuld be over, it could be not. Either way I am happy. Beyond was a high note to go on in many ways, but it also made me happy to actually see that cast continue, a feeling I did not have after Into Darkness. So if it ends, I feel satisfied with what they did do, if not...cool more Trek. 

But I doubt the auction has any bearing on the next movie being doneso. 

Pretty much all of this.

Sign in to follow this