Sign in to follow this  
Robin Bland

Star Trek Discovery - Season 2 Confirmed

1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

I shouldn't love the guy, and I shouldn't think he belongs on a Trek series, but I do, and he does.

Burnam is the ideal, Lorca is the day-to-day reality. If he stays and doesn't get killed off, he's the embodiment of every speech Kirk has ever given on human imperfection.

And this is one of the ways that ST is adapting to our current morality; the lightness and the darkness, and the shades of gray in-between. 

36 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

And this is one of the ways that ST is adapting to our current morality; the lightness and the darkness, and the shades of gray in-between. 

I don't think you can look around now and think today's star Trek can be that Utopia that TNG was. Even DS9 didn't have the shades of gray that DSC does already. Right now, the world is struggling to do the right thing and to even decide what the right thing is. Trek is simply reflecting the era.

2 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

I don't think you can look around now and think today's star Trek can be that Utopia that TNG was. Even DS9 didn't have the shades of gray that DSC does already. Right now, the world is struggling to do the right thing and to even decide what the right thing is. Trek is simply reflecting the era.

As it always has...