Mr.Picard

The Gabriel Lorca Topic (SPOILERS INCLUDED)

Recommended Posts

I was hoping FOR it, and in terms of Prime Lorca?  Anything is possible...and who knows where the Mirror Lorca goes. But at any rate I am enjoying the ride.  If the show introduces new characters that can be as entertaining as this bunch is becoming?  I am in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kenman said:

I was hoping FOR it, and in terms of Prime Lorca?  Anything is possible...and who knows where the Mirror Lorca goes. But at any rate I am enjoying the ride.  If the show introduces new characters that can be as entertaining as this bunch is becoming?  I am in.

It is interesting and I don't know where it's going. It'd be interesting if mirror Lorca stayed and helped the Discovery crew get back to the prime universe. It's definitely a series that's had a unique and complex story, thus far.

Also, what if both Lorca's switched universes at the same time and each of their ships were destroyed, leaving the prime Lorca in the mirror universe somewhere?

Edited by Enterprise Discovery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Enterprise Discovery said:

It is interesting and I don't know where it's going. It'd be interesting if mirror Lorca stayed and helped the Discovery crew get back to the prime universe. It's definitely a series that's had a unique and complex story, thus far.

Also, what if both Lorca's switched universes at the same time and each of their ships were destroyed, leaving the prime Lorca in the mirror universe somewhere?

That's what I was suggesting last week!  It is very possible, that there is another Lorca running around somewhere.  But honestly, at this point, I am in for the show and it's many characters. I like Stamets and Tilly and Saru and Burnham (who is getting better and better in my opinion)...I am intrigued to see where this show and it's cast go, Lorca or no Lorca. He's an interesting character, but if he doesn't go into the next season?  Who is to say they don't find a new arc and new characters that are just as interesting? Seeing how this show has progressed has given me some faith in this production team. I wouldn't say the first half had totally sold me, but this second half has me as a fan of the show full tilt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kenman said:

That's what I was suggesting last week!  It is very possible, that there is another Lorca running around somewhere.  But honestly, at this point, I am in for the show and it's many characters. I like Stamets and Tilly and Saru and Burnham (who is getting better and better in my opinion)...I am intrigued to see where this show and it's cast go, Lorca or no Lorca. He's an interesting character, but if he doesn't go into the next season?  Who is to say they don't find a new arc and new characters that are just as interesting? Seeing how this show has progressed has given me some faith in this production team. I wouldn't say the first half had totally sold me, but this second half has me as a fan of the show full tilt. 

There are many great characters. That's what's so great about Star Trek. If there is no Lorca character after Season 1, it will be unfortunate. I'm sure that it'll still be a great series, though. I'm wondering what the future of the series will be and what Season 2 will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh well, I am so into Lorca that I DO CARE and fear what would happend with the character in the NEAR future. 😭 but one thing I agree with you, it is an AMAZING, amazing STAR TREK series return.

I noticed in the next episode scenes, Mirror Lorca walks into a hall with prisioners, Lt. Laundry was there so, MAYBE Prime Lorca is somewhere else and HE WILL return. 

I just hope😞

3 hours ago, Enterprise Discovery said:

I was hoping against it, but as was guessed, Lorca is from the mirror universe. I'm hoping that the prime universe Lorca returns at some point, since he hasn't been seen, yet.

I was also against it, didn’t like the idea Lorca was the way he was because he was not from around ....

damn.....I want the original back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Morrow-K said:

Oh well, I am so into Lorca that I DO CARE and fear what would happend with the character in the NEAR future. 😭 but one thing I agree with you, it is an AMAZING, amazing STAR TREK series return.

I noticed in the next episode scenes, Mirror Lorca walks into a hall with prisioners, Lt. Laundry was there so, MAYBE Prime Lorca is somewhere else and HE WILL return. 

I just hope😞

I was also against it, didn’t like the idea Lorca was the way he was because he was not from around ....

damn.....I want the original back. 

It'd be interesting for the prime Lorca to have to deal with meeting a crew that has met another version of him and struggle through that in Season 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, I'm also very curious to meet Prime Lorca.  If he's only half as cunning as his mirror-self, he'd be a formidable starship captain.  I still find it pretty amazing that his mirror-doppelgänger was able to fit into Starfleet with such ease; that could NOT have been easy.  Though maybe if he entered right before the destruction of the Buran, he could've dismissed his personality differences as some kind of trauma.  It fooled Admiral Cornwell, so...

But yes, I'm very much hoping we either get prime Lorca onto the show, or they find a way to keep mirror-Lorca.  He's too fascinating a character to say goodbye to at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Lorca leaves the show, so do I. He's the one who makes me watch it in the first place. If they bring Prime Lorca in, sure, I'll continue watching and see if he's as pleasantly sneaky as his mirror self. But if the show goes on without Lorca, it also goes on without me. I don't really care about the rest of the crew.

That being said, I'm not surprised by this week's "big reveal", nor by the fact that Burnham has now put the pieces together - the way she looked at Lorca in the previous episode(s) showed she knew something was up, it was the look Vulcans give people when they don't fully believe them but don't have enough logical evidence yet to confront them about it.

I loved Lorca's scenes in this episode though, of course. There weren't enough, but hey, I suspect we'll get a few more next week since we now have to deal with the ramifications of the whole Mirror Lorca thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

If Lorca leaves the show, so do I. He's the one who makes me watch it in the first place. If they bring Prime Lorca in, sure, I'll continue watching and see if he's as pleasantly sneaky as his mirror self. But if the show goes on without Lorca, it also goes on without me. I don't really care about the rest of the crew.

That being said, I'm not surprised by this week's "big reveal", nor by the fact that Burnham has now put the pieces together - the way she looked at Lorca in the previous episode(s) showed she knew something was up, it was the look Vulcans give people when they don't fully believe them but don't have enough logical evidence yet to confront them about it.

I loved Lorca's scenes in this episode though, of course. There weren't enough, but hey, I suspect we'll get a few more next week since we now have to deal with the ramifications of the whole Mirror Lorca thing.

My God, someone as radical as I am. I feel better now, much better. 

I am usually lazy to star to watch a tv serie. I have always been a Treki so I decided I would only Pay the cable in order to take a look to Discovery, but I was sceptical....

oh but then Lorca arrived and I was into it. 

Untill AU happened. (I have NEVER been a fan of AU’s).  And I know they all are doing a hell of a job with the series BUT if Lorca goes I am afraid my interest will diminish seriously. To the point I might not want to follow Discovery any more. 

At this point anything could happend. It is even posible that Jason Issacs is not such as disposed ($$$) (several important projects for him)  actor as to stay too long in a tv serie and perhaps that was before

minded in the production-story. I don’t know, I am just in the bad mood thinking “duhhh. So beautiful to be true...”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Morrow-K said:

. It is even posible that Jason Issacs is not such as disposed ($$$) (several important projects for him)  actor as to stay too long in a tv serie and perhaps that was before

It's not at all outside the realm of possibility that Isaacs could stay. DSC is a relatively small commitment with enough gap between production runs that he could get in any number of other projects.

I'm hopeful he stays. 

Edited by prometheus59650

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Morrow-K said:

My God, someone as radical as I am. I feel better now, much better. 

I am usually lazy to star to watch a tv serie. I have always been a Treki so I decided I would only Pay the cable in order to take a look to Discovery, but I was sceptical....

oh but then Lorca arrived and I was into it. 

Untill AU happened. (I have NEVER been a fan of AU’s).  And I know they all are doing a hell of a job with the series BUT if Lorca goes I am afraid my interest will diminish seriously. To the point I might not want to follow Discovery any more. 

At this point anything could happend. It is even posible that Jason Issacs is not such as disposed ($$$) (several important projects for him)  actor as to stay too long in a tv serie and perhaps that was before

minded in the production-story. I don’t know, I am just in the bad mood thinking “duhhh. So beautiful to be true...”

I tend to call myself "focused" instead of "radical" :laugh: - I'm not Trekkie enough to follow a show simply because it says "Star Trek" on its label, there has to be more, a character or a theme for me to focus on, and Lorca IS that "more" for me. Without Lorca, my interest in Discovery will go down to pretty much zero, just like it was before the show aired. I only checked it out to see Isaacs because the promos that had Shady!Lorca moments made me curious. The first two episodes left me with "meh" and I was ready to throw things away but then Lorca appeared in the third episode and HE WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED.

I really hope Isaacs stays. As whichever. Mirror Lorca, Prime Lorca, Leather Lorca, Emperor Lorca, I don't care. I just want more Lorca. He's such an amazing character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

At this point, I'm also very curious to meet Prime Lorca.  If he's only half as cunning as his mirror-self, he'd be a formidable starship captain.  I still find it pretty amazing that his mirror-doppelgänger was able to fit into Starfleet with such ease; that could NOT have been easy.  Though maybe if he entered right before the destruction of the Buran, he could've dismissed his personality differences as some kind of trauma.  It fooled Admiral Cornwell, so...

But yes, I'm very much hoping we either get prime Lorca onto the show, or they find a way to keep mirror-Lorca.  He's too fascinating a character to say goodbye to at this point. 

He was only able to get away with half of what he did because of the war, including conscripting Burnham. My guess he is one part cunning and one part lucky. Assuming he crossed over just before the war started, he took advantage of the opportunities the war presented to lay his plans. 

Speculation: he crossed over with his ship and crew, and destroyed them in battle with the Klingons so that he would not be discovered as from the MU. 

In any case, this is shaping up to be an epic story, the scope of which has never been achieved in previous series except maybe DS9. Looking forward to see how they tie it all together.  

Mirror Lorca is probably not going to be a returning as a regular. He could not possibly be part of the crew, let along the captain. I do hope they don't kill him off so he can return as a major villain from time to time. As for Prime Lorca, he may be out there but I also doubt he will be captain of DISCO. In season 2 we're looking at Captain Saru or a new character entirely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Justin Snead said:

He was only able to get away with half of what he did because of the war, including conscripting Burnham. My guess he is one part cunning and one part lucky. Assuming he crossed over just before the war started, he took advantage of the opportunities the war presented to lay his plans. 

Speculation: he crossed over with his ship and crew, and destroyed them in battle with the Klingons so that he would not be discovered as from the MU. 

In any case, this is shaping up to be an epic story, the scope of which has never been achieved in previous series except maybe DS9. Looking forward to see how they tie it all together.  

Mirror Lorca is probably not going to be a returning as a regular. He could not possibly be part of the crew, let along the captain. I do hope they don't kill him off so he can return as a major villain from time to time. As for Prime Lorca, he may be out there but I also doubt he will be captain of DISCO. In season 2 we're looking at Captain Saru or a new character entirely.  

I don't think he came over on a ship. He used a spore drive invented by mirror- Stamets. But the way mirror-Stamets misused the spore drive is destroying it. Maybe the Lorca's just switched places like Kirk and mirror-Kirk. Lorca was free at the time so maybe Lorca is with the resistance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, scenario said:

I don't think he came over on a ship. He used a spore drive invented by mirror- Stamets. But the way mirror-Stamets misused the spore drive is destroying it. Maybe the Lorca's just switched places like Kirk and mirror-Kirk. Lorca was free at the time so maybe Lorca is with the resistance. 

Maybe but I bet there must be more to why he destroyed the Boran than we currently understand. He would not just do it because he's evil, and I think there is more to it than his mercy explanation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Justin Snead said:

Maybe but I bet there must be more to why he destroyed the Boran than we currently understand. He would not just do it because he's evil, and I think there is more to it than his mercy explanation.  

If he and maybe his head of security suddenly switched places with their counterparts, he's going to have had difficulty fitting in at first. I'd bet some of the crew got suspicious and he decided to kill them all and start clean once he found out that the prime-Stamets was on the Discovery and the Discovery was looking for a captain. He killed not just the original crew but maybe some of his own people who couldn't get off the ship on time. His head of security, if she was there, must have left the ship before it was destroyed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Justin Snead said:

He was only able to get away with half of what he did because of the war, including conscripting Burnham. My guess he is one part cunning and one part lucky. Assuming he crossed over just before the war started, he took advantage of the opportunities the war presented to lay his plans. 

Speculation: he crossed over with his ship and crew, and destroyed them in battle with the Klingons so that he would not be discovered as from the MU. 

In any case, this is shaping up to be an epic story, the scope of which has never been achieved in previous series except maybe DS9. Looking forward to see how they tie it all together.  

Mirror Lorca is probably not going to be a returning as a regular. He could not possibly be part of the crew, let along the captain. I do hope they don't kill him off so he can return as a major villain from time to time. As for Prime Lorca, he may be out there but I also doubt he will be captain of DISCO. In season 2 we're looking at Captain Saru or a new character entirely.  

Or...prime Lorca.   We don’t definitively know that he’s dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Or...prime Lorca.   We don’t definitively know that he’s dead. 

Prime Lorca, please.

Or a new character.

I don't see that Saru's really got the center seat mojo yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prometheus59650 said:

Prime Lorca, please.

Or a new character.

I don't see that Saru's really got the center seat mojo yet.

I think he’s getting there; and he may prove himself sooner than we think, but... I still think Prime Lorca back as captain could have a twofold advantage of being a new character who is already somewhat familiar.   And like Kirk in “Enemy Within”, maybe he still has a bit of MU-Lorca’s darkness in him when he needs it. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I think he’s getting there; and he may prove himself sooner than we think, but... I still think Prime Lorca back as captain could have a twofold advantage of being a new character who is already somewhat familiar.   And like Kirk in “Enemy Within”, maybe he still has a bit of MU-Lorca’s darkness in him when he needs it. ;)

He is ABSOLUTELY my preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I think he’s getting there; and he may prove himself sooner than we think, but... I still think Prime Lorca back as captain could have a twofold advantage of being a new character who is already somewhat familiar.   And like Kirk in “Enemy Within”, maybe he still has a bit of MU-Lorca’s darkness in him when he needs it. ;)

If he's still alive he's been surviving in the MU universe for months, maybe years. He's had to do thing's he's  would never have done in the Prime Universe. He's going to be tough as nails. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Prime Lorca does still exist out there...why would we assume he'd remain the Captain of Discovery? He could still be involved in the story, but would they really go for a guy that they don't fully know to take the place of a guy that they were recently tricked by and has the same face? And if Prime Lorca has been in the MU...who is to say he is in the right kind of mental state. I have a feeling they wouldn't just put him in the captain's chair...that would seem weird to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kenman said:

If Prime Lorca does still exist out there...why would we assume he'd remain the Captain of Discovery? He could still be involved in the story, but would they really go for a guy that they don't fully know to take the place of a guy that they were recently tricked by and has the same face? And if Prime Lorca has been in the MU...who is to say he is in the right kind of mental state. I have a feeling they wouldn't just put him in the captain's chair...that would seem weird to me. 

Well, mirror-Lorca got command of Discovery after losing the Buran with all hands, so... there’s that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Well, mirror-Lorca got command of Discovery after losing the Buran with all hands, so... there’s that. 

Ugh...Trek needs to get a hold of it's ranks again. Back in the day things made sense. Kirk only went rogue a couple of times in the movies and he got a slap on the wrist and now it's like Kelvin Kirk gets a ship even tho he is a dumb jerk kid and Lorca can be some imposter who kills a whole crew and somehow gets a fancy secret ship?  Like...huh? 

Still...I feel like this would HAVE to be some kind of wake-up call for Starfleet if they even get back to their universe.  If they don't get back to their universe, I don't see the Discovery crew just electing this unknown Lorca to be their leader.  I could see them trusting Burnham or Saru at this point...but some other Lorca?  Maybe...it would depend on execution I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now