Mr.Picard

The Gabriel Lorca Topic (SPOILERS INCLUDED)

Recommended Posts

If I have to mind read that .gif?

"Do I look like I give a flying (ALL CAPS) %$#& ! what you do with that space whale?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

If I have to mind read that .gif?

"Do I look like I give a flying (ALL CAPS) %$#& ! what you do with that space whale?"

:laugh: Lorca Death Glare :laugh:

I love how Saru immediately shuts up and is like "okay okay I should perhaps be grateful he asks about the creature before he just orders us to go to warp and it ends up as a half-transported puddle on the floor of the shuttle bay"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

:laugh: Lorca Death Glare :laugh:

I love how Saru immediately shuts up and is like "okay okay I should perhaps be grateful he asks about the creature before he just orders us to go to warp and it ends up as a half-transported puddle on the floor of the shuttle bay"

 

Saru's lucky Lorca didn't decide he wanted to test the phasers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lorca has some nice little Lorca-esque moments last night, but...

***** SPOILER ******

I was more than a bit disappointed that he didn’t give Mudd a giant can of whoop a$$ for everything he put the ship and crew through.  His ‘punishment’ of remanding Mudd to his wife and in-laws felt more Kirk than Lorca.   :confused:

I like Lorca because he ISN’T Kirk,  Picard, or Sisko...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Lorca has some nice little Lorca-esque moments last night, but...

***** SPOILER ******

I was more than a bit disappointed that he didn’t give Mudd a giant can of whoop a$$ for everything he put the ship and crew through.  His ‘punishment’ of remanding Mudd to his wife and in-laws felt more Kirk than Lorca.   :confused:

I like Lorca because he ISN’T Kirk,  Picard, or Sisko...

See, Lorca would remand him to his father in-law's custody. But...

Lorca to father-in-law: (Handing him data clip)

FIL: What's this?

Lorca: Files from the Federation Department of Justice. Seems like Harry got himself in a spot of trouble even before he upset the Klingons, and he was pretty willing to name names. He even offered to work with 'em to get more. You might see some familiar ones there. One of 'em even looks like yours.

Lorca steps back to look fondly upon a slack-jawed Mudd:  Enjoy your family reunion, Harry. 

(Beam out)

 

THAT'S a Lorca goodbye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not so sure this was the last time Lorca meets Mudd... I'm also not sure there was enough time for him to plan a lengthy goodbye. However... given the look on Lorca's face when Mudd tells him to remain behind on the bridge, I do think Lorca WISHED to be able to give Mudd an appropriate goodbye and was sufficiently annoyed that he had to play along with the whole "I am negotiating with a businessman" con. (AND it bothered him a GREAT deal that he had to mention his former ship and crew. Notice how he hesitates before he does so, it is causing him visible stress and and emotional pain.)

I do also wish he had simply shoved Mudd out of the next airlock, but then, the writers did maneuver themselves into a bit of a corner with the whole "Mudd obviously can't die since he has to appear on TOS" thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

I do also wish he had simply shoved Mudd out of the next airlock, but then, the writers did maneuver themselves into a bit of a corner with the whole "Mudd obviously can't die since he has to appear on TOS" thing...

^
This.  So very much this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure Lorca WOULD have shoved him out of an airlock if it hadn't been a character who needed to live. This is why the ending seemed a little too "tame" by Lorca's usual standards, I guess. If Mudd had not been Mudd-Who-Needs-To-Meet-Kirk, I'm sure Lorca would have disposed of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

^
This.  So very much this.

Ditto. 

By the end of that ep, I was favoring a continuity glitch big enough to accommodate Mudd’s untimely demise in one of the many manners he subjected Lorca to. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Picard said:

I'm pretty sure Lorca WOULD have shoved him out of an airlock if it hadn't been a character who needed to live. This is why the ending seemed a little too "tame" by Lorca's usual standards, I guess. If Mudd had not been Mudd-Who-Needs-To-Meet-Kirk, I'm sure Lorca would have disposed of him.

Yus, indeed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found amazing gifs of friendly Piranha!Lorca from the latest episode, so here you go:

tumblr_ozdlthalit1wzjqhyo2_400.gif

Notice how the smile never reaches his eyes and how it almost seems to make his face hurt... :laugh:Like a smiling shark

tumblr_ozdlthalit1wzjqhyo3_400.gif

Seizing his prey :P 

tumblr_ozdlthalit1wzjqhyo1_400.gif

Sad puppy face a+++ manipulation

Wait?

What?

Oh, someone wants to comment on Lorca's latest shenanigans.

tumblr_oko9afSnrH1tc03bwo1_400.gif

Sure... fine... whatever. :P 

 

Oh, and... this is totally the face of an absolutely chill man who has absolutely no personal issues of any kind whatsoever.

tumblr_ozcxvfEzoc1tsw6dio2_500.gif

Uh-huh. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One great little bit, one that I was actually compelled to mention on my blog, was when he put in the space-age eye drops just before the Klingon ship blew up.

I don’t know why, but I found that funny; like some crazed armageddon-monger who carefully puts on his sunglasses before he drops the nukes. :laugh:

It’s so... Lorca.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

One great little bit, one that I was actually compelled to mention on my blog, was when he put in the space-age eye drops just before the Klingon ship blew up.

I don’t know why, but I found that funny; like some crazed armageddon-monger who carefully puts on his sunglasses before he drops the nukes. :laugh:

It’s so... Lorca.

There's no way he'd miss the Klingon-shattering kaboom. :)

Edited by prometheus59650

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a fellow extreme light sensitivity person I can assure y’all that we do this all the time - inserting eye drops before important moments so that we don’t miss a second of them, I mean. It’s partly habit, partly excitement. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

As a fellow extreme light sensitivity person I can assure y’all that we do this all the time - inserting eye drops before important moments so that we don’t miss a second of them, I mean. It’s partly habit, partly excitement. ;) 

It was the matter-of-fact way he did it that made me laugh; it was as if he was thinking, “Klingon fireball in three...two...one...” :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

It was the matter-of-fact way he did it that made me laugh; it was as if he was thinking, “Klingon fireball in three...two...one...” :giggle:

I’d have done it the same way. You learn to anticipate bright light, no matter the source. Being all like “this Klingon ship’s going down and Imma watch every second of it” is still very Lorca though, no doubt. Heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

I’d have done it the same way. You learn to anticipate bright light, no matter the source. Being all like “this Klingon ship’s going down and Imma watch every second of it” is still very Lorca though, no doubt. Heh.

That’s what made me laugh.  Kirk or Picard would’ve probably turned away or held a hand over their eyes.  

Not Lorca.  Even with his condition, he didn’t want to miss a single spark. :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now