Mr.Picard

The Gabriel Lorca Topic (SPOILERS INCLUDED)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

Please let me know if he shows up. I’ll start watching the show again, then. ;) 

Not yet, but I feel like maybe the prime Lorca will. With it being specifically mentioned that it'd be difficult for someone to make it out of the mirror universe alone, it somehow makes me feel like he will.

Edited by Enterprise Discovery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

Please let me know if he shows up. I’ll start watching the show again, then. ;) 

We need to install a “Lorca Hotline” to call you in the event of a Lorca emergency... :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

We need to install a “Lorca Hotline” to call you in the event of a Lorca emergency... :giggle:

I'd be down for that! But I'm sure my Twitter notifications will let me know if he re-appears. "YOU MUST WATCH! LORCA IS BACK!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

Please let me know if he shows up. I’ll start watching the show again, then. ;) 

Prime Lorca was mentioned by Cornwell this past episode.

Cornwell "From what you've told us of the Terran Empire, no Starfleet officer could survive that universe, alone. So my Gabriel is dead."

I don't think you drop a line like that unless you expect to bring him back at some point, or at least are leaving the door open. They could have killed the character off, but didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hammer said:

Prime Lorca was mentioned by Cornwell this past episode.

Cornwell "From what you've told us of the Terran Empire, no Starfleet officer could survive that universe, alone. So my Gabriel is dead."

I don't think you drop a line like that unless you expect to bring him back at some point, or at least are leaving the door open. They could have killed the character off, but didn't.

That's another line that makes me suspect admiral Cornwell isn't who she says she is. She says no Starfleet officer could survive in that universe, alone. But didn't Burnham survive alone on as captain of a ship? Yes, she had a few 2 minute talks but most of the time she was alone, except for one person who tried to kill her. 

If Starfleet officers are as good as they are we are told they are, a Starfleet officer should have a chance to survive. It would be difficult, but I'd bet on Lorca as one of the one's that could.  I would think she would have said something like, "Its unlikely Lorca would have survived. We just have to assume he's dead until someone can prove otherwise."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hammer said:

Prime Lorca was mentioned by Cornwell this past episode.

Cornwell "From what you've told us of the Terran Empire, no Starfleet officer could survive that universe, alone. So my Gabriel is dead."

I don't think you drop a line like that unless you expect to bring him back at some point, or at least are leaving the door open. They could have killed the character off, but didn't.

Cornwell assumed he was on that ship... but we (the audience) don’t know that he was; he could’ve been anywhere, really. 

There’s still a chance that prime Lorca could show up someday, and I would welcome him back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Cornwell assumed he was on that ship... but we (the audience) don’t know that he was; he could’ve been anywhere, really. 

There’s still a chance that prime Lorca could show up someday, and I would welcome him back. 

If a prime Lorca does show up, even if he doesn't stay on the series, I hope that he at least gets to make it out of the series. It'd be a shame if he was written off, again, especially if the prime Lorca is someone who acts like a normal Starfleet commanding officer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Cornwell assumed he was on that ship... but we (the audience) don’t know that he was; he could’ve been anywhere, really. 

There’s still a chance that prime Lorca could show up someday, and I would welcome him back. 

Didn't MU Lorca make it over with the same transporter malfunction that happens in the TOS episode? Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall if anyone said what happened with the MU Buran. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Didn't MU Lorca make it over with the same transporter malfunction that happens in the TOS episode? Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall if anyone said what happened with the MU Buran. 

I think that it was destroyed, but if the mirror Lorca's crew made it out and Lorca in the mirror universe is wanted, then he must be out there somewhere. Also, Michael in that universe is presumed that have gone down on a shuttlecraft, which is why I think that prime reality Lorca and mirror Michael will show up together at the end of Season 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hammer said:

Prime Lorca was mentioned by Cornwell this past episode.

Cornwell "From what you've told us of the Terran Empire, no Starfleet officer could survive that universe, alone. So my Gabriel is dead."

I don't think you drop a line like that unless you expect to bring him back at some point, or at least are leaving the door open. They could have killed the character off, but didn't.

Indeed, this is a big door they left open. Cornwell has been wrong about things before - she didn't even notice she wasn't in bed with "her" Gabriel - so I wouldn't put too much trust in her assessment of the whole "what happened to Prime Lorca" situation. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now