Sign in to follow this  
prometheus59650

An Interesting Lorca Theory...

6 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Nah, I don’t think so.

He wouldn’t be so restrained.  TOS’ Spock said it best, (and I’m paraphrasing); it’s far easier for civilized men to behave like barbarians than it is for barbarians to to behave civilized.’   Lorca wouldn’t be able to contain himself as well as he does on the show.  

Besides, it’d be a bit of a copout; as if negative behavior ONLY comes from the mirror universe.   We’ve seen bad, unstable commanding officers before (Matt Decker Ben Maxwell, Capt. Ramsay, etc); bad behavior isn’t limited to the mirror universe.  

On 10/10/2017 at 6:29 AM, Sehlat Vie said:

Nah, I don’t think so.

He wouldn’t be so restrained.  TOS’ Spock said it best, (and I’m paraphrasing); it’s far easier for civilized men to behave like barbarians than it is for barbarians to to behave civilized.’   Lorca wouldn’t be able to contain himself as well as he does on the show.  

Besides, it’d be a bit of a copout; as if negative behavior ONLY comes from the mirror universe.   We’ve seen bad, unstable commanding officers before (Matt Decker Ben Maxwell, Capt. Ramsay, etc); bad behavior isn’t limited to the mirror universe.  

^ Agreed.

I'm not to crazy about these fan theories (or fan theories in general), after seeing them posted, I'm just "meh." I think it would be dumb if he was from the Mirror Universe, it would actually ruin his character some. And I think you mean Captian Ransom from Voyager's "Equinox" instead of Captian Ramsay (there was a civilian Ramsay from an ill-fated freighter in TNG's "Angel One"). Also don't forget Erik Pressman from TNG's "The Pegasus," Admiral Leyton from DS9's "Homefront / Paradise Lost" (and his "henchwoman" Erika Benteen) not to mention Balthazar Edison from the Kelvin-verse  (and of course Admiral Marcus from same said 'verse).

31 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

(shrug) Not my theory. Just thought it was worth posting.

Any and all theories welcome. :thumbup:

I just hope they won't kill him off too soon. *CRIES* They could SEND him to the Mirror Universe tho... he'd fit right in. :laugh:and then they should make a series about his rise to power please

nepr   

13 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

I just hope they won't kill him off too soon. *CRIES* They could SEND him to the Mirror Universe tho... he'd fit right in. :laugh:and then they should make a series about his rise to power please

Hmmm...  In the "Context..." thread I posted a tweet from Mr. Issacs that strongly suggests he's still there late in the shooting schedule.  Not sure if you have seen it and think that even that is "too soon"? :)

Oh, and, I watched, basically, 2.5 seasons of TNG  just because I liked Sir Patrick from I Claudius and Derek Jacobi's Hamlet (which in my view has to be seen), among other things, and I couldn't resist the gravitas he brought to the series.  So I, for one, can't be critical of your reason for sticking with DSC!

Edited by nepr
Small comfort?

54 minutes ago, nepr said:

They could SEND him to the Mirror Universe tho... he'd fit right in.

(Lorca rolls his eyes witnessing the casual brutality around him)

"Amateurs."

1 hour ago, nepr said:

Hmmm...  In the "Context..." thread I posted a tweet from Mr. Issacs that strongly suggests he's still there late in the shooting schedule.  Not sure if you have seen it and think that even that is "too soon"? :)

Oh, and, I watched, basically, 2.5 seasons of TNG  just because I liked Sir Patrick from I Claudius and Derek Jacobi's Hamlet (which in my view has to be seen), among other things, and I couldn't resist the gravitas he brought to the series.  So I, for one, can't be critical of your reason for sticking with DSC!

I hope he’ll be there until the end of the SERIES, whenever that will be...  but that is probably wishful thinking since the show isn’t about Lorca in the first place. Once he is no longer needed for Burnham’s arc, the writers will drop him one way or another.

Heh. It’s interesting that you bring up I Claudius. Sejanus is my favorite Sir Patrick character EVER - he’s ruthless, arrogant, sneaky, shady, murderous... sound familiar? *looks at Lorca* :laugh: 

33 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

"Amateurs."

And then he shrugs and opens a fortune cookie. Okay. I want this show. NOW. 

52 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

"Amateurs."

17 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

And then he shrugs and opens a fortune cookie. Okay. I want this show. NOW. 

200w.gif

Prometheus?   That is soooo perfectly Lorca.  I wish YOU were writing the Mirror episode.  :laugh:

Mr. Picard?  Me too!