Sign in to follow this  
Mutant Kiwi

What's You're Favorite Data Moment?

I've been rewatching some of the old TNG footage and looking to compile some favorite Data moments.

Here are two of my favorites:

What are you're favorite Data moments?

This will sound slightly mean (which sometimes feel like the ultimate sin on this Ned Flanders of a Trek site), and I apologize to the OP as this is more of a general feeling than anything, but oh am I excited to have a new series so we can stop having such nostalgic, punch/past-drunk moments about anything Trek that passes our way!

But to answer the question, my (current) favourite Data moment is him passing the torch to the "Next Generation" when he acknowledged being too old to play an (supposedly) immortal android...

3 hours ago, Mutant Kiwi said:

I've been rewatching some of the old TNG footage and looking to compile some favorite Data moments.

Here are two of my favorites:

What are you're favorite Data moments?

First, welcome aboard Mutant Kiwi.  :thumbup:

Just wanted to say (using my mod voice) that while we already have a dedicated Data thread and a favorite character moments thread in this forum, we don’t have one created solely for Data moments, so we’ll let this one stand.  Just be careful in future posts to make sure that you’re not duplicating previously created thread topics (it gives us moderators a headache :P).

OK, onto favorite Data moments:

* His final scene with his daughter Lal in S3’s “The Offspring.”   So help me, I sob like an infant when Data says, “I wish I could feel (love) with you.”  And she replies “I will feel it for both of us” before reliving moments of ‘laughing, painting, flirting...humor.’    

* His ‘breakup’ with Jenna in S4’s “InTheory”; “Then I will delete the appropriate program.”    Oh, how I wish my younger (frequently heartbroken) self had that ability...:laugh:

* Practicing sneezing in “Datalore.”   Goofy episode, but I love it; it’s vintage first season kookiness. :P

* All of his scenes (in and off the holodeck) in “Fistful of Datas.”   You could tell that director Patrick Stewart just let him take the ball and run with it.   The fun trickles down to the audience..

* From ST GEN:  Data (in 10 Forward): “This is revolting!  I hate this!!”    Guinan:  “More?”  Data: “Please.”     I know lots of ST fans hate this movie.  I don’t.  ;)

19 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

My favorite is Creepy Data in "Unification":

I love this one!!   * adds it to mine * 

I call it “Stalker-Data.”  :giggle:

1 minute ago, Garak the spy said:

This movie is not great, and Data has a number of awesome scenes, but this is among my favourites!

Irving Berlin...:laugh:

tumblr_inline_o7pwk3UELd1r2135k_500.gif

Sign in to follow this