Sign in to follow this  
prometheus59650

Bernie Casey (Cal Hudson, DS9) Dies at 78

I had no idea he was that old. I know one of his other known roles was Bill and Ted's history teacher in "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure."

I also remember him in 1988’s “I’m Gonna Git You Sucka” and 1980’s “The Martian Chronicles” adaptation.    RIP Bernie Casey.

30 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

I clicked through and found his art interesting. Not exactly my style, but he had talents I decidedly lack there,

I also remember him from my warped childhood memories (and buried in early Stan Winston makeup) in an interesting little TV monster movie called “Gargoyles” (1972).   Scared the hell out me when I was a kid.  It’s one-step removed from “Land of the Lost” now, but hey... I was a kid. 

27 minutes ago, Rusty0918 said:

Who knows, they may end up doing it!

LOL. I skipped around and it basically writes itself. :)

Ah, I remember him also from the episode of "Babylon 5" entitled "Hunter, Prey," where he is tracking an Earthforce fugitive around (one that has evidence to indicate that then-Vice President Clark was faking his illness so he could be off Earthforce One when it went up back in "Chrysalis").

Edited by Rusty0918

7 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

LOL. I skipped around and it basically writes itself. :)

It’s deeply cheesy; watching it today, it’s pretty damn silly (and yes, MST3K/RiffTrax would have a FIELD DAY with this movie) but when I was a kid?  I loved the makeups.  And Bernie Casey (while unrecognizable) has a pretty cool demonic look; gives the late Tim Curry in “Legend” a run for his money...

scenario   

Rest in Peace Bernie Casie

I read this on three separate sites since yesterday. BBC says he was most famous role is in a few James Bond flicks. CNN says his most famous role was in Revenge of the Nerds and here it's DS9 and B5. 

Rfftrax/mst3k did this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu_pjfMZliY

1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

It’s deeply cheesy; watching it today, it’s pretty damn silly (and yes, MST3K/RiffTrax would have a FIELD DAY with this movie) but when I was a kid?  I loved the makeups.  And Bernie Casey (while unrecognizable) has a pretty cool demonic look; gives the late Tim Curry in “Legend” a run for his money...

Tim Curry is 71 and still alive! He was just interviewed about the new It remake. Maybe you are thinking of David Bowie in Laberynth?

2 hours ago, Chimera82405 said:

Rfftrax/mst3k did this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu_pjfMZliY

Tim Curry is 71 and still alive! He was just interviewed about the new It remake. Maybe you are thinking of David Bowie in Laberynth?

Mea culpa.

I thought I’d read somewhere that he’d passed away.  

And no, I did NOT mistake him for David Bowie.  I’m a longtime Bowie fan; no mistake. 

1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I thought I’d read somewhere that he’d passed away

He had a stroke sometime back and has some paralysis. That might be what you read and your brain misfiled.

7 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

He had a stroke sometime back and has some paralysis. That might be what you read and your brain misfiled.

Wouldn't be the first time...:laugh:

"Young, as when the world was new." Carol Marcus.

"Have we grown so old, we've outlived our usefullness? Would that constitute a joke?" Spock.

The Rifftrax commentary of Gargoyles is pretty funny. :)

Edited by Chimera82405

Sign in to follow this