Sign in to follow this  
prometheus59650

Linda Hamilton back as Sarah Connor

4 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Some NSFW language within the article

As some fans were none too happy with him calling out Wonder Woman as sexist and a step backward when he has a history of sexism himself.

This does not need to be made.

Kudos for Cameron for wanting to cast a 60something woman as an action hero, and I agree that it should be done, but I wish he'd have done so with an original story; frankly, Terminator no longer feels relevant.  GeniSys (or however the hell it's spelled) kinda proved that; the first half felt like a slick rehash of the franshise's greatest hits, and the 2nd half was a confused mess.  

I usually try to have more faith in Cameron's projects (as they usually defy predictions) but this one just sounds tired.  

59 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Kudos for Cameron for wanting to cast a 60something woman as an action hero, and I agree that it should be done, but I wish he'd have done so with an original story; frankly, Terminator no longer feels relevant.  GeniSys (or however the hell it's spelled) kinda proved that; the first half felt like a slick rehash of the franshise's greatest hits, and the 2nd half was a confused mess.  

I usually try to have more faith in Cameron's projects (as they usually defy predictions) but this one just sounds tired.  

I just...don't know what you do that hasn't already been done.

"There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys,” he continued, “but there isn’t an example of that for women.”

The wrong reasons to do this right there. 

40 minutes ago, Nombrecomun said:

"There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys,” he continued, “but there isn’t an example of that for women.”

The wrong reasons to do this right there. 

And that's his problem and that's why part of why I don't particularly accept his criticism of Wonder Woman. It seems like a lot of his sense when it comes to making a female action hero is simply to have them ape a male.

Sign in to follow this