Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

Do You Wanna More TOMB RAIDER ???

Full Length Trailer For TOMB RAIDER Features Plenty Of New Footage And Story Details

Warner Bros. has officially released the first full trailer for Tomb Raider and it's crammed full of new footage as we learn more about what this adventure holds in store for Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft.

Yeah, I gave up on the Tomb Raider movies after the first one back in 2001 (I think?).

The first movie had some interesting ideas (Jolie seemed to have a lot of fun in the role), and it was mildly diverting.   My wife enjoyed that first movie a bit more than I did, but the second one lost us both.    And while I loved the talented Vikander’s roles in “Ex Machina” and in “The Danish Girl” (another great movie, BTW), I’ve already seen her in two really good movies so I’m not looking forward to seeing her do a predictable, by-the-numbers actioner.    It feels like a step backward in her otherwise prestigious career.   Kind of like Eddie Redmayne doing a Die Hard sequel.

If it succeeds?  Great.  Maybe she can use that capitol to do other projects more worthy of her talent.   It’s not a crime for an artist to do commercial projects to pay the bills now and then, and sometimes those projects can be a hell of a lot of fun, but this one just looks like a cookie-cutter movie.   I feel similarly with Brie Larson (so painfully brilliant in “Room”) doing Captain Marvel (they could just call it "Marvel Movie 397” at this point).

So, in answer to the query in the title?  No, thanks....;)

1 hour ago, kenman said:

Not particularly, but thanks for asking!

Haha my pleasure.

The movie does not need a new Lara Crioft, maybe in a TV Series, I dunno.

I sense box office disaster.

Gus

You know some board exec thought, "Hey, people want female action stars". While not incorrect you do have to think as to what has appeal. This character doesn't. 

41 minutes ago, Nombrecomun said:

You know some board exec thought, "Hey, people want female action stars". While not incorrect you do have to think as to what has appeal. This character doesn't. 

I thought the very first movie wasn’t bad, if a tad generic.  Lost all interest afterward. 

I have to say, I never was quite into "Tomb Raider," but I did like "Rise of the Tomb Raider" which I've played on PS4.

Funny, I thought that "Uncharted" game that was coming out was a Tomb Raider game.

Sign in to follow this