Sign in to follow this  
Rusty0918

"Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Galaxy Chronicles"

Finally got your first story finished (not that it was bad, just that I've been really busy). I really liked the overall story and the mystery and way the new aliens you introduced functioned not just biologically, but you put some thought into the way they thought and treated each other and the universe. I had a few minor notes that I'll PM to you. I really did enjoy it though. Nice work!

OK folks - here is the executive officer of the USS Galaxy: NCC-70637, who doubles as chief science officer - Lieutenant Commander Sorista, the cotton-candy-blue-haired Shrostian.

lieutenant_commander_sorista_by_rusty091

Interesting. When I was reading it in my head I pictured her looking far more alien. Not that it's a bad look, just what I had in my head.

I do like how clean your profile is though. I always end up cramming too much on it. This looks pretty good. :)

There are a lot of "She-Ra Princess of Power" references in her profile, mostly due to my childhood crush on Frosta back thirty years ago (primarily her blue hair), such as her birth city and first name (the name of a king of an underwater kingdom), and her serial number.

Her skin is somewhat paler than most humans, though not quite Data-pale. I did adjust the description of Sorista in the story to suit the look, had trouble making up my mind.

1 hour ago, Rusty0918 said:

There are a lot of "She-Ra Princess of Power" references in her profile, mostly due to my childhood crush on Frosta back thirty years ago (primarily her blue hair), such as her birth city and first name (the name of a king of an underwater kingdom), and her serial number.

Her skin is somewhat paler than most humans, though not quite Data-pale. I did adjust the description of Sorista in the story to suit the look, had trouble making up my mind.

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with She-Ra references. ;)

The next character drawing will be that of Dr. Warren M'Benga, the chief medical officer on the Galaxy, not to mention a descendant of Dr. Jabilo M'Benga from TOS.

Since this is set four years prior to the first season of TNG, I'm going with early TNG uniforms and props, such as the "dustbuster" phaser that Sorista is wielding (not to mention the early TNG tricorder she has holstered as well).

I'm going to change the second story - it is now called "The Scourge" and will feature among other things the Cardassians; they're having those border conflicts that were mentioned in TNG and DS9 around this time.

OK here's Dr. Warren M'Benga, the chief medical officer of the USS Galaxy! Yes, he is a descendant of the Dr. M'Benga we saw in two TOS episodes ("A Private Little War" and "That Which Survives").

sttnggc___starfleet_profile___dr_warren_

Here's another crewmember - this one is the vertically challenged chief engineer of the USS Galaxy - Lieutenant Commander Jules Damen. And yes, he is based off of Peter Dinklage! Furthermore, the boots he is wearing are anti-grav units, allowing him to float several meters from the ground or deck when the occasion calls for it (the design os actually based off of the GRAVITY boots seen in "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country," FYI).

lieutenant_commander_jules_damen_by_rust

Edited by Rusty0918

Sign in to follow this