Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

Abrams kept Trek Off TV for 12 Years

I'm fine with it.

I think TV Trek needed a nice, long break. There are hundreds of hours available as it is. Build some appetite for it again.

2 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

I'm fine with it.

I think TV Trek needed a nice, long break. There are hundreds of hours available as it is. Build some appetite for it again.

Yup. ENT crashed so miserably, TV Trek was pretty much dead, any attempts to revive it too soon back then would not have succeeded. (I'm not sure it can succeed even now, but that's more due to the whole "fandom folks are at each other's throats over yet another prequel series" than the fact that there's going to be a new Trek series.)

2 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

(I'm not sure it can succeed even now, but that's more due to the whole "fandom folks are at each other's throats over yet another prequel series" than the fact that there's going to be a new Trek series.)

It's been that way since TNG, honestly. It's not what people expect or think they want, so they lose their minds. People freaked over a space station, then a ship alone and with no Federation around, then a prequel.

If DSC had gone into the future there would have been something catastrophically wrong with THAT plot, too.

3 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

It's been that way since TNG, honestly. It's not what people expect or think they want, so they lose their minds. People freaked over a space station, then a ship alone and with no Federation around, then a prequel.

If DSC had gone into the future there would have been something catastrophically wrong with THAT plot, too.

Agree with both of you. 

7 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Of course you do, we're brilliant. :)

And so modest too... :P

Sign in to follow this