Sign in to follow this  
prometheus59650

Uncharted: The Movie: Tom Holland as Nathan Drake

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/19/uncharted-movie-indiana-jones/

I'm honestly uneasy about this. Years in development hell that included a screenplay where the Drakes were a treasure-hunting family and Mark Wahlberg was attached.

I like Holland. I'm just not sure he's any kind of Nathan Drake. Honestly, these games are so good...so lovely to look at and superbly well-acted that any film adaptation is going to have to vault a VERY high bar.

I just don't know. 

Frontier   

Hmm. Not who I'd have cast at all. Much too young, IMHO.  I'd have gone with someone 10 years older.

4 hours ago, Frontier said:

Hmm. Not who I'd have cast at all. Much too young, IMHO.  I'd have gone with someone 10 years older.

Indeed.

But it seems they're trying to have Drake grow into the role and do sort of a Sully/Drake team effort and...I just don't know if it's going to work.

To be honest, I really would have preferred the folks at Naughty Dog writing the script, period.

22 minutes ago, Rusty0918 said:

ENOUGH! We don't need movie adaptions of video games. It almost NEVER works!

It's not going to work with Tom Holland, that's for sure.

And with the Naughty Dog cinematic games? The adaptation, whatever it is, simply isn't going to have as strong a narrative or as solid acting as the games. 

9 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

It's not going to work with Tom Holland, that's for sure.

And with the Naughty Dog cinematic games? The adaptation, whatever it is, simply isn't going to have as strong a narrative or as solid acting as the games. 

They seldom do. Which is why I yawn at the prospects of such movies. Angelina Jolie's first "Tomb Raider" movie probably did well enough to garner a sequel, but even so, both films got panned by critics. And this one probably will be no exception. Then again, who knows, maybe they will finally make a movie based off a video game that doesn't stink. Can't jump to conclusions!

Sign in to follow this