ashleytinger

Terminus Timeline - Starships and Interiors

36 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

How much do you charge for a all-day stay there?   Looks so comfy... :laugh:

Did I stray too close to 'hotel' in look? lol

I did figure it'd be a more comfortable design than the other ships of the era. Can't have guests book passage on her and it looking like a grease bucket ;)

I think I may be straddling that line a bit too close though. hrrmmm

Edited by ashleytinger

2 hours ago, ashleytinger said:

Did I stray too close to 'hotel' in look? lol

I did figure it'd be a more comfortable design than the other ships of the era. Can't have guests book passage on her and it looking like a grease bucket ;)

I think I may be straddling that line a bit too close though. hrrmmm

No, no, no!  I love it!  It just feels like such a 'real' space that I could imagine walking there with bare feet on the carpet (hehe).

i would assume that a starship on such a long mission would try to throw in a few home-like amenities.  So no, please don't change your aesthetic!  It looks terrific. 

2 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

No, no, no!  I love it!  It just feels like such a 'real' space that I could imagine walking there with bare feet on the carpet (hehe).

i would assume that a starship on such a long mission would try to throw in a few home-like amenities.  So no, please don't change your aesthetic!  It looks terrific. 

Ahh ok!  Gotcha. ;)

And thanks!

civilian_scout___liberty___warp_nacelle_

I have my own little brain design on how the warp core within the nacelle is going to work. I've got anti-matter containers lining the pod that feed into an injector that is in turn fed deuterirum through the ball on top which also helps collect stray particles. This will lead into the core which is inside the anti-matter bottles (not modeled yet) and will have a plasma feed line to the warp coils and also back to the ship and secondary impulse engines on the struts. 

This isn't something that's going to be on the  finished mesh of the ship because there isn't any reason to. Well parts of it will be, but this also lets me make up neat 3D engineering displays for the warp systems. ;)

10 hours ago, ashleytinger said:

I have my own little brain design on how the warp core within the nacelle is going to work. I've got anti-matter containers lining the pod that feed into an injector that is in turn fed deuterirum through the ball on top which also helps collect stray particles. This will lead into the core which is inside the anti-matter bottles (not modeled yet) and will have a plasma feed line to the warp coils and also back to the ship and secondary impulse engines on the struts. 

This isn't something that's going to be on the  finished mesh of the ship because there isn't any reason to. Well parts of it will be, but this also lets me make up neat 3D engineering displays for the warp systems. ;)

You’ve really given this thought.   Very well done.  My science geek self is pleased! :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

You’ve really given this thought.   Very well done.  My science geek self is pleased! :thumbup:

I may be way over-thinking it but it is fun, so there is that. LOL  Glad you're enjoying it :)

4 hours ago, ashleytinger said:

I may be way over-thinking it but it is fun, so there is that. LOL  Glad you're enjoying it :)

If we can’t overthink Star Trek things in a Star Trek forum, then where can we Trekkies express ourselves?  ;)

On 11/10/2017 at 7:09 PM, Sehlat Vie said:

If we can’t overthink Star Trek things in a Star Trek forum, then where can we Trekkies express ourselves?  ;)

True, true. ;)

Work continues on the nacelle

Pulled in my stand in warp nacelle and strut from the Liberty to make sure my Nacelle components were going to line up with the model. I kept them pretty transparent so you can see the actual components. Warp core is nestled in there underneath the anti-matter pods. I used my 'dilithium pumpkin' parts from the Destroyer's Engineering set I built for it. Also modeled up some warp coils. I'm going to do up some equipment that rests between them but keep a mostly hollow center. There's some more stuff to do to the 'bussard' area as I do want to have some kind of 'collector' there that feeds back to the deuterium tanks.