ashleytinger

Terminus Timeline - Starships and Interiors

19 minutes ago, ashleytinger said:

Civilian Liberty Class Bridge DAZ Studio WIP 07 by ashleytinger

Lisbeth leaned forward as she noticed the displays suddenly starting to change. 
"Looks like your long ordeal as bridge babysitter is over, Arc. There be console communication here!" she mocked Arcelyn.
"Don't play with me right now," muttered Arcelyn. "I wish to suffer in silence."
"I'm not kidding, Arc. Take a look for yourself," said Lisbeth as one by one the control panels and displays started activating around the bridge.

Started with the 'easier' re-textures of the flat regular shaped displays at the back of the bridge. The sector map turned out pretty well. I think the Damage display is a work in progress especially since the final exterior of the Liberty class isn't quite done yet.

Once again, I like the little details; such the interactive lighting on Arcelyn’s skin, and the detail of the dedication plaque.   Nice. :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Once again, I like the little details; such the interactive lighting on Arcelyn’s skin, and the detail of the dedication plaque.   Nice. :thumbup:

One of the things I'm finding is that I do have to play with the lighting quite a bit more when I dealing with any skin tone that's not white or light tan. Kind of like photography where they didn't even take into account other tones when they were developing it, it seems the same goes with the iRay renderer. So there's a bit of experimentation there to get it right. I've had some renders where you can even make out her face which irks the crap outta me. I'm never satisfied on that end though so the experimentation continues. ;)  

civilian_liberty_class_bridge_daz_studio_wip_08_by_ashleytinger-dboerar.png

Arcelyn turned in her chair to look at the consoles coming up one by one. She allowed herself the brief celebratory moment. They were still going to have to test each of the systems to make sure they were working correctly, but this was a huge step up from having nothing to do. 

Lisbeth moved to the comms and got a hold of Emily who was working down in the computer core. "You owe me a week's worth of the late shift"

Emily's voice came through clear over the Engineering station's internal comms. "She did the fist thing didn't she?"

"You'll eventually learn not to take that bet, Emily. Today is not that day," smirked Lisbeth.

Emily sounded annoyed and defeated. "And here I thought the six hours I'd spent down here goofing off would have worn her down. Oh well, back to aligning the core with the ship's network ports."

Arcelyn stared with an annoyed expression at her friend. "You know this bridge isn't that big. I can hear you two."

Finished up the textures for the bridge so one last render, well maybe second to last, while I go work on another part of the ship. A few of the monitors had a red alert version that takes the place of the 'System Nominal' there. The lighting would also probably subtly change as well. Took me a bit longer to tackle these than I thought it would but I think the result was worth it. Does seem a bit weird seeing the 2270's interface working on the 'Hathaway/Enterprise-C consoles instead of the Trek IV Okudagrams, but I'm liking it the more I look at it. 

And now I'm seeing some mesh errors in the support beams. Grrr... That'll need to be fixed, but other than that then this bridge is good to go.  

Like the generous use of color in your console displays!  Feels like a nice nod to both TOS and TMP’s sets.