Sign in to follow this  
Justin Snead

The Maybe-Im-Willing-to-Give-Enterprise-a-Second-Look Thread

I've seen a few Season 4 episodes and am impressed by them, though I've heard a lot of awful things about "These Are the Voyages..." - which makes me inclined not to watch that particular one.

The rest of my family pretty much gave up on ENT after "A Night in Sickbay," which I can't blame them on, since it's definitely one of the worst things with the Trek name on it (down there with the Voyager episodes "Spirit Folk" and "Threshold.")

Edited by Rusty0918

20 minutes ago, Rusty0918 said:

I've seen a few Season 4 episodes and am impressed by them, though I've heard a lot of awful things about "These Are the Voyages..." - which makes me inclined not to watch that particular one.

The rest of my family pretty much gave up on ENT after "A Night in Sickbay," which I can't blame them on, since it's definitely one of the worst things with the Trek name on it (down there with the Voyager episodes "Spirit Folk" and "Threshold."

I actually find "Threshold" more tolerable than either of them...and that's saying something.

8 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

I actually find "Threshold" more tolerable than either of them...and that's saying something.

Yeah, many rank Voyager's "Spirit Folk" and Enterprise's "A Night in Sickbay" below "Threshold." Chuck Sonnenberg aka SFDebris does with "A Night in Sickbay," as David Sluss (who used to do Cynics Corner) did with "Spirit Folk."

I think the whole temporal cold war wasn't that much of a good idea. I was also not too crazy about them using the Ferengi in one episode and the Borg in another.

9 minutes ago, Rusty0918 said:

Yeah, many rank Voyager's "Spirit Folk" and Enterprise's "A Night in Sickbay" below "Threshold." Chuck Sonnenberg aka SFDebris does with "A Night in Sickbay," as David Sluss (who used to do Cynics Corner) did with "Spirit Folk."

I think the whole temporal cold war wasn't that much of a good idea. I was also not too crazy about them using the Ferengi in one episode and the Borg in another.

Threshold is largely just horrible execution of an idea, in this case, what happens if you hit warp 10? The answer: We devolve, just to poke at decades of Trek that talked about man...moving beyond. Tee-hee. So funny.

"Sickbay" and "Spirit Folk" are infuriating simply because they are wrong. They are stunningly wrong. The events in "Sickbay" are all Archer's fault. All of it and it takes him the entire episode before he even grudgingly accepts it. In "Spirit Folk" Janeway is utterly wrong. She's weighing two human lives and one artificial life form against a bunch of holograms that "are real because we care about them" and the ones that are real because we have feelings wins that argument.

It's insane.

With "Threshold" I just roll my eyes and wait for it to be over. With the others? It's far more frustrating because I want to grab these people and, "What the %$#@ are you thinking? What's WRONG with you?" and I can't.

Well back to the subject, I think Enterprise did get better when Berman and Braga were no longer holding the reins (with the exception of "These Are the Voyages..."). Fortunately, they're not helming Discovery.