Sign in to follow this  
Maltz

Time travel in the JJverse

Maltz   

If characters from the version of history created after 2233 traveled back in time to a point before that (i.e. before the divergence), how would it effect things?

Who knows? We might find out in part 4 as it is rumored to involve time travel. But it's too early to tell.

The "rules" have changed. Apparently going back in time just splits into a new universe whereas before it would impact your own. So I'm not sure what rules they'll go with this time.

Sim   
54 minutes ago, The Founder said:

Who knows? We might find out in part 4 as it is rumored to involve time travel. But it's too early to tell.

The "rules" have changed. Apparently going back in time just splits into a new universe whereas before it would impact your own. So I'm not sure what rules they'll go with this time.

That's no change... it's just that when you travel back to the future after altering the past, physics make you end up in the altered timeline. JJ's camera is just not tied to these physical constraints the Enterprise crew is tied to. :laugh:

55 minutes ago, Sim said:

That's no change... it's just that when you travel back to the future after altering the past, physics make you end up in the altered timeline. JJ's camera is just not tied to these physical constraints the Enterprise crew is tied to. :laugh:

Hah! Well that explains that. :P

Now that Chris Hemsworth is really famous - I heard he will be back in 4. That doesn't necessarily mean time travel but I'm assuming.

Sign in to follow this