Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

Karl Urban is Also Hopeful for a STAR TREK 4

7 posts in this topic

Doubt we'll hear anything until after Discovery debuts. All eyes are on the TV part of the franchise now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll also be interesting to see if DSC puts CBS-AA on the map.  If that happens, I'm sure CBS/Paramount might loosen a few purse strings for a lower budgeted 4th ST movie (similarly shot in Canada, as STB was).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

It'll also be interesting to see if DSC puts CBS-AA on the map.  If that happens, I'm sure CBS/Paramount might loosen a few purse strings for a lower budgeted 4th ST movie (similarly shot in Canada, as STB was).

And I do believe that is where Discovery currently resides...the Great White North is becoming the home of Starfleet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kenman said:

And I do believe that is where Discovery currently resides...the Great White North is becoming the home of Starfleet!

Well, to be honest, I’d love to see ST production back to Los Angeles; and there have been tons of new local tax incentives to keep movies/TV shows here but I also see the need for fresh energy and a fresh start.   And Toronto and Vancouver both have great, well-oiled studio machinery for film/TV production, so yeah; it makes sense. 

And being Canadian-born, I guess I’m kinda okay with either...:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Well, to be honest, I’d love to see ST production back to Los Angeles; and there have been tons of new local tax incentives to keep movies/TV shows here but I also see the need for fresh energy and a fresh start.   And Toronto and Vancouver both have great, well-oiled studio machinery for film/TV production, so yeah; it makes sense. 

And being Canadian-born, I guess I’m kinda okay with either...:laugh:

I understand....I'm not really commenting on the good or bad of it, more just making  the statement, that seems to be where Starfleet is setting up base lately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2017 at 8:26 AM, Robin Bland said:

Doubt we'll hear anything until after Discovery debuts. All eyes are on the TV part of the franchise now. 

 

I think I'm with you on this one. Let's think more about the upcoming series before we start investing in Beyond's sequel.

Though there is some stigma involved, from what I know, Beyond didn't do that hot in the box office - granted was no DOA like "Valerian" was, but it was less-than-satisfying. Then again, that didn't stop Paramount from putting out "Star Trek: Nemesis" after Insurrection (which did even worse and well - WAS worse).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0