Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenman

RIP Martin Landau

11 posts in this topic

It really was.

A long full life and left a ton behind to be appreciated.

As a huge fan of Space: 1999 (guilty pleasure) and “Ed Wood” (my favorite Tim Burton movie) this is indeed a huge loss. 

A phenomenal actor, one of my absolute favourites... loved him. Huge range, always superb. North by Northwest, The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Mission Impossible, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Ed Wood, that bloody hilarious late turn as the agent in Entourage to name just a few highlights. 

And of course Space: 1999, as Commander John Koenig, a huge part of my childhood. RIP and Godspeed, sir.

"To everything that might have been... To everything that was." 

Edited by Robin Bland

19 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

And of course Space: 1999, as Commander John Koenig, a huge part of my childhood.

Mine as well...

Feel like watching “Breakaway” in his honor tonight. :(

14 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Mine as well...

Feel like watching “Breakaway” in his honor tonight. :(

Weirdly, for some reason, just a couple of weeks ago, i watched Catacombs of the Moon, a S2 episode and I hardly ever watch S2, although that's one of the better ones. Landau's hardly in it (it was one of those productions that doubled up with another in the schedule, so the main cast were split between filming different scripts), but when he does appear, he just lends everything a gravitas.

But a S1 episode is a better choice, and I'll be doing that soon as I get a chance. :(

3 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

Weirdly, for some reason, just a couple of weeks ago, i watched Catacombs of the Moon, a S2 episode and I hardly ever watch S2, although that's one of the better ones. Landau's hardly in it (it was one of those productions that doubled up with another in the schedule, so the main cast were split between filming different scripts), but when he does appear, he just lends everything a gravitas.

But a S1 episode is a better choice, and I'll be doing that soon as I get a chance. :(

I really liked Catacombs of the Moon; it was a real tour de force for Landau. 

I was appreciative of his appearance in the X Files movie. It was great to see him on screen. By that time I had forgotten he was a bonafide scifi star. 

3 hours ago, Nombrecomun said:

I was appreciative of his appearance in the X Files movie. It was great to see him on screen. By that time I had forgotten he was a bonafide scifi star. 

Actually, I'd forgotten he was in that. IIRC, it was a great, paranoid performance, perfect for the X-Files.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0