Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenman

Horror Icon George A Romero Dies

4 posts in this topic

Not to mention that thousands of imitations (from good to bad) would’ve never existed without this man’s genius.   I’ve been a fan of his since the age of 10, when “Night of the Living Dead” scared the crap out of me.   I’ve seen pretty much every movie he’s made since, even some of his TV shows.  He created an entire subgenre that thrives to this day.  It’s going to be tough to even try to imagine a Halloween without his influence...

RIP, George.

I'm very sad about this, too. I'm a huge fan of the zombie genre that he basically created... RIP Mr. Romero.

2 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

I'm very sad about this, too. I'm a huge fan of the zombie genre that he basically created... RIP Mr. Romero.

Before Romero, zombie movies were largely about Haitian voodoo and mind control; Romero pioneered the modern zombie as a flesh eating reanimated corpse operating purely on carnivorous impulses.   His original title for Night of the Living Dead was, in fact, Night of the Flesh Eaters; which sounds more like a vegan diatribe than a horror movie, but he WAS the pioneer and creator of that entire subgenre, no question.  

His influence on modern horror is global in scope; utterly incalculable.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0