Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

Mulgrew Wants a Kirk, Picard and Janeway Movie

Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

It could be titled, “Star Trek: The Search for Jean-Luc's Keys...” :P

Please self PLEASE don't say something about "ooooh, you dropped your keys, Jean-Luc?" and how this is a perfectly legit start of a certain kind of movie now PLEASE SELF DON'T

Erm. Yes. Would watch! Plot twist: Livingston stole them. :laugh:

Mirror Janeway and the Avenger comes to visit Starfleet while retired Picard, now well over 86, and his crew, reunite on the Enterprise F under Wesley Crusher, to stop the mirror invasion. They have only one chance, Mirror Tiberius, who has chased Janeway through the porthole, but he too is over 140, and incapable of doing anything interesting. Captain Demora Sulu of the Enterprise B appears to help also. The close of the temporal war begins. We get all of the surviving old cast in juicy cameos, and even though some are literally geriatric, some are not. Even Sulu himself appears.

Well that is one way to do it, because there Janeway is the evil Janeway and Kirk is the evil Kirk.

It might make a good fan fic idea.

I would like to see the old crew again on film, perhaps in a TV movie, and a proper 40th or 41st TOS, 30th TNG anniversary.

I'm not as opposed to Janeway or Shatner. You just have to make them not be the center of the story.

Riker and the former crew of the Titan could also appear.

2394...the generations return, for one last roundup.

2 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

Please self PLEASE don't say something about "ooooh, you dropped your keys, Jean-Luc?" and how this is a perfectly legit start of a certain kind of movie now PLEASE SELF DON'T

Erm. Yes. Would watch! Plot twist: Livingston stole them. :laugh:

Mmm... there was always something fishy about Livingston. :giggle:

farpoint_hd_510.jpg

kenman   
14 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Mmm... there was always something fishy about Livingston. :giggle:

farpoint_hd_510.jpg

Man those early season uniforms make em all look kinda dumpy. 

Anyhow...back on topic, not sure I really care to see such a project.  I would love a mini-series with the TNG crew just to see em all one last time before they start to kick the bucket, and maybe give them a better ride into the sunset than Nemesis.  But then again, I can happily see that by going back to "All Good Things."  I also wouldn't mind a DS9 mini-series.  I don't really want full on revivals, just a mini-series to give us a glimpse back into their world...just for a moment or two.  Those could be fun revivals. 

But then again, I am all for the new and moving on. 

4 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I could almost get behind a made-for-TV, canon-non canon production (almost, but not quite).   But if the stakes are that low I’m also compelled to wonder: what’s the point?  

Sir Patrick is too fine an actor; and as evidenced with Logan, he obviously has better things he could be doing.   Shatner is 86 now, and could spend the rest of his days breeding horses and doing Priceline adverts.   Mulgrew has a great gig going on with “Orange is the New Black” (she should really let Janeway go... Janeway was a poorly written character, and Mulgrew has a much better gig these days).   

So what would compel Shatner or Stewart to do this meaningless gig it were just a nostalgic knockoff?   A ST captain’s table reunion may seem important to us (as ST fans), but from their perspective as actors?  I just can’t see an honest reason for them to get back into their old, creaky, ill-fitting uniforms for a potentially embarrassing reunion that may or may not have any real impact on the franchise.

The reason that GEN worked so well for me wasn’t just because it had Kirk and Picard together (esp. since Picard was made to look curiously helpless next to Kirk, which was one of my major nits about a movie that I otherwise enjoyed very much).   It worked for me because it felt epic; a passing of the torch.   Kirk’s cairn on that beautiful Valley of Fire locale, Picard standing vigil over the grave, the gorgeous music of Dennis McCarthy... say what you will about the movie (I still love it), but that scene was incredible.  

generationshd2078.jpg 

If this were to be the final appearance of these three characters together, it should MEAN something.   Otherwise, why do it at all?   Personally I think they would be wise to listen to their better angels and NOT do this potentially embarrassing, career-harming move. 

And let’s be honest here;  as Robin said upthread, this has as much a chance of happening as an invasion from Mars. 

Totally agree on STAR TREK GENERATIONS, one of my favorite STAR TREK movies !

Gus

scenario   

I hate the idea of a movie with the captains.

I kind of like the idea of a movie or miniseries set 15 years after voyager with a mixture of minor characters from NG, DS9 and Voy. Avoid the main characters so no Picard, Data, Sisko, 7 of 9 or Janeway. Also eliminate any character whose dead in the show (Jadzia) or should be (Kes). Then pick one or two characters from each of the show. You could even have a cameo from TOS minor character in the form of a video message. 

4 hours ago, Mike Thompson said:

RE Gen......But, Kirk could never have fitted under them there rocks  

Maybe Picard found Soran's blaster and blew a deeper hole? :P

1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Maybe Picard found Soran's blaster and blew a deeper hole? :P

That little thing DID have a punch and a half. :)

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:10 AM, prometheus59650 said:

That little thing DID have a punch and a half. :)

:thumbup:

Maybe they could do a Q movie, extract them from where they were to now, old timers :centauri:

11 minutes ago, Mike Thompson said:

:thumbup:

Maybe they could do a Q movie, extract them from where they were to now, old timers :centauri:

Maybe.

But I'm just not feeling it. It might be that part of me simply wants to remember them in their prime.

1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

Maybe.

But I'm just not feeling it. It might be that part of me simply wants to remember them in their prime.

And there’s always fanfic... :thumbup:

Locutus   

You know what I might be on board with is a "Captain's Table" set-up where there is a Captain's Lounge where they get together, drink, and spin yarns about other Captains.  There was a Star Trek book series kind of like that.  

It could be anthology set-up where Captains are all sipping Romulan Ale and some Captain says, "You know, they say that Captain Kirk survived the Enterprise-B disaster.  I heard . . ." (fade to some Kirk legend of his after-death heroics, obviously not Star Trek VII).  Call it Star Trek: Legends.  Might be a fun way to tell some NON-CANON Star Trek tales filled with exaggerated feats and all our beloved Captains.  That said, I'm generally against any of it!

You'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than making a Kirk, Picard, and Janeway movie happen.

22 minutes ago, Rusty0918 said:

You'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than making a Kirk, Picard, and Janeway movie happen.

This.

Sign in to follow this