Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

Mulgrew Wants a Kirk, Picard and Janeway Movie

35 posts in this topic

No thanks.

I just...don't like Janeway that much.

I veto this double if Shatner "writes" it. No doubt it would end up with Picard and Janeway saving the universe by infusing Kirk with the power of the entire Q Continuum because he's the only human that can handle it.

Sounds like fun..................would be awesome.....................but it will never happen.

Sigh

Gus

36 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

No thanks.

I just...don't like Janeway that much.

I veto this double if Shatner "writes" it. No doubt it would end up with Picard and Janeway saving the universe by infusing Kirk with the power of the entire Q Continuum because he's the only human that can handle it.

^
Echoing this...

About as likely as invasion from Mars. 

Janeway was the most abrasive and mercurial of all the captains, wasn't she? Not Mulgrew's fault - the way the character was written was all over the place. 

2 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

About as likely as invasion from Mars.

And as welcome...:P

Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

And as welcome...:P

:laugh:

"Insaneway's MARS Demolition Derby feat. special guest stars Picard's bedroom slippers, Seksy Sisko and THE SHATNERTRON."  

Just now, Robin Bland said:

"Insaneway's MARS Demolition Derby feat. special guest stars Picard's bedroom slippers, Seksy Sisko and THE SHATNERTRON."  

tenor.gif

Sir Patrick seems insistent that it not get made... :P

3 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

tenor.gif

Sir Patrick seems insistent that it not get made... :P

Yeah, I'm with Sir Patrick! 

We don't want to break any more little ships. 

6 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

Yeah, I'm with Sir Patrick! 

We don't want to break any more little ships. 

Is it just a little sad (and way too fan-boyish) that I wished like hell he hadn’t done that? :giggle:

7 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Is it just a little sad (and way too fan-boyish) that I wished like hell he hadn’t done that? :giggle:

I think it's normal. 

(He says, looking at his own glass cabinet full of little Star Trek ships.) 

28 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

I think it's normal. 

(He says, looking at his own glass cabinet full of little Star Trek ships.) 

( * earthquake-proofing my own...*) :P

I don't know... if it's just a one-off tv movie that may or may not be considered canon, and the stakes are accordingly low... why not? 

But as a major production? Please no!

In general I wonder why they haven't made ST tv movies before. Even Babylon 5 and BSG got tv movies later. Why not make, for example, a Captain Worf tv movie for a low budget? What's the risk for CBS? In the worst case, they spend two or three million on a mediocre movie, in the best case it'll be a huge success among fans.

"Take us out !"

19105993_744824452356398_316729480130287

LOL

Gus

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Sim said:

I don't know... if it's just a one-off tv movie that may or may not be considered canon, and the stakes are accordingly low... why not? 

In general I wonder why they haven't made ST tv movies before. Even Babylon 5 and BSG got tv movies later. Why not make, for example, a Captain Worf tv movie for a low budget? What's the risk for CBS? In the worst case, they spend two or three million on a mediocre movie, in the best case it'll be a huge success among fans.

I think a TV movie of any kind would be fine. But these things get out of hand. Especially if SHATNERTRON, RULER OF THE TREKVERSE may be involved... 

Something fast and low budget? Character rather than FX-based? Knock yourself out, CBS/Paramount. 

Also, it'd mean recreating the 24th century post-Voyager, which I could get behind. But I'm not sure it'd "save" Star Trek other than be a nostalgia exercise for all involved, including the fans. 

Edited by Robin Bland

1 hour ago, Robin Bland said:

I think a TV movie of any kind would be fine. But these things get out of hand. Especially if SHATNERTRON, RULER OF THE TREKVERSE may be involved... 

Something fast and low budget? Character rather than FX-based? Knock yourself out, CBS/Paramount. 

Also, it'd mean recreating the 24th century post-Voyager, which I could get behind. But I'm not sure it'd "save" Star Trek other than be a nostalgia exercise for all involved, including the fans. 

1 hour ago, Sim said:

I could almost get behind a made-for-TV, canon-non canon production (almost, but not quite).   But if the stakes are that low I’m also compelled to wonder: what’s the point?  

Sir Patrick is too fine an actor; and as evidenced with Logan, he obviously has better things he could be doing.   Shatner is 86 now, and could spend the rest of his days breeding horses and doing Priceline adverts.   Mulgrew has a great gig going on with “Orange is the New Black” (she should really let Janeway go... Janeway was a poorly written character, and Mulgrew has a much better gig these days).   

So what would compel Shatner or Stewart to do this meaningless gig it were just a nostalgic knockoff?   A ST captain’s table reunion may seem important to us (as ST fans), but from their perspective as actors?  I just can’t see an honest reason for them to get back into their old, creaky, ill-fitting uniforms for a potentially embarrassing reunion that may or may not have any real impact on the franchise.

The reason that GEN worked so well for me wasn’t just because it had Kirk and Picard together (esp. since Picard was made to look curiously helpless next to Kirk, which was one of my major nits about a movie that I otherwise enjoyed very much).   It worked for me because it felt epic; a passing of the torch.   Kirk’s cairn on that beautiful Valley of Fire locale, Picard standing vigil over the grave, the gorgeous music of Dennis McCarthy... say what you will about the movie (I still love it), but that scene was incredible.  

generationshd2078.jpg 

If this were to be the final appearance of these three characters together, it should MEAN something.   Otherwise, why do it at all?   Personally I think they would be wise to listen to their better angels and NOT do this potentially embarrassing, career-harming move. 

And let’s be honest here;  as Robin said upthread, this has as much a chance of happening as an invasion from Mars. 

I read the headline and went "NO THANK YOU" immediately.

That's pretty much all I have to say: NO THANK YOU. :P I really hope Sir Patrick would say no to something like this. For whatever reason. I don't care, just SAY NO, MAN. lol

11 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I read the headline and went "NO THANK YOU" immediately.

That's pretty much all I have to say: NO THANK YOU. :P I really hope Sir Patrick would say no to something like this. For whatever reason. I don't care, just SAY NO, MAN. lol

nemesis168.jpg

“So, Patrick... I got an idea for a Trek reunion movie.   You, me and Shatner.   What do you say?"

nemesis167.jpg

nancy-reagan.gif

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I could almost get behind a made-for-TV, canon-non canon production (almost, but not quite).   But if the stakes are that low I’m also compelled to wonder: what’s the point?  

Sir Patrick is too fine an actor; and as evidenced with Logan, he obviously has better things he could be doing.   Shatner is 86 now, and could spend the rest of his days breeding horses and doing Priceline adverts.   Mulgrew has a great gig going on with “Orange is the New Black” (she should really let Janeway go... Janeway was a poorly written character, and Mulgrew has a much better gig these days).   

So what would compel Shatner or Stewart to do this meaningless gig it were just a nostalgic knockoff?   A ST captain’s table reunion may seem important to us (as ST fans), but from their perspective as actors?  I just can’t see an honest reason for them to get back into their old, creaky, ill-fitting uniforms for a potentially embarrassing reunion that may or may not have any real impact on the franchise.

The reason that GEN worked so well for me wasn’t just because it had Kirk and Picard together (esp. since Picard was made to look curiously helpless next to Kirk, which was one of my major nits about a movie that I otherwise enjoyed very much).   It worked for me because it felt epic; a passing of the torch.   Kirk’s cairn on that beautiful Valley of Fire locale, Picard standing vigil over the grave, the gorgeous music of Dennis McCarthy... say what you will about the movie (I still love it), but that scene was incredible.  

generationshd2078.jpg 

If this were to be the final appearance of these three characters together, it should MEAN something.   Otherwise, why do it at all?   Personally I think they would be wise to listen to their better angels and NOT do this potentially embarrassing, career-harming move. 

And let’s be honest here;  as Robin said upthread, this has as much a chance of happening as an invasion from Mars. 

^ Yes, pretty much this ... we simply don't need a Kirk/Picard/Janeway reunion. Some things/characters were never meant to be united. :giggle:

I guess it's just that I wouldn't mind tv movies in the ST universe, and it's weird it has never done before. As Robin said, they wouldn't save Star Trek or restart it ... but I imagine low budget tv movies could bring a huge lot of profit, considering they'd be low-budget, yet would bring the entire fanbase to switch on. So why has it never been done so far? Apparently, it even paid off for less popular shows.

But IF there are ever ST tv movies? I'd much rather see a post-NEM movie, than a silly, constrained captain's reunion ... what about a "15 years after NEM" TNG movie, for example? Or a movie that tells a story that combines a couple of characters from all three 24th century shows (without the need to involve a silly time travel trope)? Or even a "Captain Worf" show that perhaps features two or three more TNG or DS9 characters? That would be amazing!

Edited by Sim

7 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

nemesis168.jpg

“So, Patrick... I got an idea for a Trek reunion movie.   You, me and Shatner.   What do you say?"

nemesis167.jpg

nancy-reagan.gif

I wish there was a reaction where he spits his tea out in surprised horror. :P

3 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I wish there was a reaction where he spits his tea out in surprised horror. :P

We can visualize the aftermath, anyway... :giggle:

nemesis167.jpg

tuc0013.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

We can visualize the aftermath, anyway... :giggle:

nemesis167.jpg

tuc0013.jpg

And then this happens:

tumblr_m0y790KK571r81219o4_250.gif

okay I'm making myself nervous now sheesh self

1 minute ago, Mr.Picard said:

And then this happens:

tumblr_m0y790KK571r81219o4_250.gif

okay I'm making myself nervous now sheesh self

^

Even these are more compelling than a Kirk/Picard/Janeway reunion movie...:laugh:

Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

^

Even these are more compelling than a Kirk/Picard/Janeway reunion movie...:laugh:

I totally WOULD watch an entire 90 minutes movie of Jean-Luc crawling around under his ready room desk

what :angel_not: 

it would still be a better movie than Kirk/Picard/Janeway one :P

Just now, Mr.Picard said:

I totally WOULD watch an entire 90 minutes movie of Jean-Luc crawling around under his ready room desk

what :angel_not: 

it would still be a better movie than Kirk/Picard/Janeway one :P

It could be titled, “Star Trek: The Search for Jean-Luc's Keys...” :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0