Sign in to follow this  
TREKNERD314

Headcount for Star Trek Beyond Aliens

I'm a little obsessive about cataloging the various aliens seen in the background of various Trek productions, mainly because I like to come up with back stories for them.  In doing so, I usually try to find background information, especially with movies, to find more detailed images of the aliens presented in the films.  This has proven especially helpful with Star Trek Beyond, where a lot of aliens were shown, but several were shown in the distant background, making them hard to pick out when watching the actual movie.

The problem is, I don't have a reliable way of knowing whether the background source I've found is accurate.  I'm also trying to make sure I find all fifty (or fifty-six, according to some counts) aliens that are supposedly in Star Trek Beyond, and I'm not sure exactly how the people who made this claim distinguish one species from another.

For example, I'm not sure whether to count Krall and his officers as distinct alien species, as they are amalgams of the various aliens they've used to keep their life force going.  I'm not sure if different coloration is considered enough to distinguish one species from another, as one species has three different colorations show up, and at least four others have two colorations.  There's also a brightly-colored purple girl that is seen on Yorktown that I think is a member of the purple aliens seen in TOS and one or two TMP movies, so I don't know whether to include her or not.

Anyway, there are couple images I've found associated with background sources for Star Trek Beyond that I don't remember seeing in the movie itself.  I was wondering if anyone knows where, and if, these aliens appeared in the movie.

The first alien, while looking very similar to one of those that attacked Jaylah, is not identical.  I'm hoping someone can show me where these aliens show up in the movie, and if you know whether different coloration is considered enough to define a distinct species.

15876149_629656570554018_4135006801043128320_n.jpg

32348006346_437dd62b00_k.jpg

IMG7890.jpg

jaskell.jpg

I remember on the ST Beyond blu ray bonus features, there was a feature about the number of aliens in the movie, and apparently there was an attempt by the art department to keep the number of aliens in STB at 50; 50 unique alien styles in honor of ST's 50th anniversary.  Cataloging them all is another matter...:laugh:

Sign in to follow this