Mr.Picard

Book Review: What Would Captain Picard Do?

17 posts in this topic

I got this today and now that I've read it I definitely need to talk about it.

I generally don't read Trek books, I prefer to write my own stuff, but there ARE rare exceptions that I make sometimes, and this book is one. I saw a few previews for it and I liked what I was seeing, so I decided to go ahead and buy it... and booooooy do I so NOT regret it!

Here it is:

tumblr_oqrrlrbSQs1r0egvoo1_540.jpg

I made a general video review before I read it (wisely so, because now my mind is in the gutter now when it comes to this book, haha), I shall add it at the bottom of this post, you'll find some more general information there.

Now, the content. I... umm... well let's say I have a few questions about some of it. :P

Picard Book 1.jpg

Riker is good with his trombone, eh. I'm sure, Jean-Luc, I'm sure. :angel_not:

Picard Book 3.jpg

I swear I did not write this book but sure sounds like as if I did.

Picard Book 2.jpg

I have no idea what's going on but it sounds gay and I like it.

Picard Book 4.jpg

I'M JUST... AHEM... I'M... not gonna comment on this here. :P

 

The book isn't only funny though - it also has serious wisdom and nicely worded sentences that totally sound like as if Jean-Luc wrote them. I'm VERY picky about this sort of thing, and this book has impressed me. Few writers can get him right, and even those few would struggle to write something down that sounds like him having written it. (Even I would struggle because this is a lot more difficult than it sounds like - him SPEAKING and writing THAT down is a difficult task already but to then also write stuff that he might WRITE is an extra layer of complicated.)

This is just so well done, though - I highly recommend this if you need a good laugh and also want some nice advice and some nice JLP pics and maybe a few NC-17 rated thoughts about him.

Oh and here's my video review I mentioned:

 

tl;dr: Book recommended, 10/10, very buy, much book, such Jean-Luc, wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So help, if I didn't know better, I would SWEAR your pseudonym is "Brandon T. Snider"... :laugh:

 

And I played the video again, because it's nice to attach a voice to the great posts.   :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

So help, if I didn't know better, I would SWEAR your pseudonym is "Brandon T. Snider"... :laugh:

 

And I played the video again, because it's nice to attach a voice to the great posts.   :thumbup:

It's really not - but I found the author on Twitter and thanked him and he was quite pleased that I like his book so much. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

It's really not - but I found the author on Twitter and thanked him and he was quite pleased that I like his book so much. :laugh:

I'm sure he appreciated it.  ;)

And once again, this page in particular...

Picard Book 4.jpg

...just kills me.  :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I'm sure he appreciated it.  ;)

And once again, this page in particular...

Picard Book 4.jpg

...just kills me.  :giggle:

Snider re-tweeted my tweet about this one. I'm not ashamed. :laugh:

Brandon.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Snider re-tweeted my tweet about this one. I'm not ashamed. :laugh:

Brandon.png

 

Image result for star trek laugh gif

Oh you're too much... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

Image result for star trek laugh gif

Oh you're too much... :P

Honestly that page/caption DEMANDED for me, the expert, to comment on it. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Honestly that page/caption DEMANDED for me, the expert, to comment on it. :P 

The whole book does, really.   It's almost as if you were over Snider's shoulder the whole time saying, "Pick this one... yeah, that one."  :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

The whole book does, really.   It's almost as if you were over Snider's shoulder the whole time saying, "Pick this one... yeah, that one."  :giggle:

:laugh:

I still don't know if he MEANT for things to have these double meanings but that only makes it all even more hilarious somehow. lol If it had been entirely up to me I'd have made an ENTIRE BOOK with double meaning screencaps and captions tho (most of the book is still innocent with motivational advice and all). Haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

:laugh:

I still don't know if he MEANT for things to have these double meanings but that only makes it all even more hilarious somehow. lol If it had been entirely up to me I'd have made an ENTIRE BOOK with double meaning screencaps and captions tho (most of the book is still innocent with motivational advice and all). Haha!

I can only imagine your version... :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I can only imagine your version... :giggle:

Don't tempt me into making one. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr.Picard said:

Don't tempt me into making one. :laugh:

Tempt, tempt, tempt... :P

 photo nice.gif

Promise I'll be your first pre-order. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

Tempt, tempt, tempt... :P

 photo nice.gif

 

tumblr_mynbbhne7K1rmub2vo1_500.jpg

I couldn't publish it with a young adult demographic in mind... would have to be x-rated and for adults only. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

 

tumblr_mynbbhne7K1rmub2vo1_500.jpg

I couldn't publish it with a young adult demographic in mind... would have to be x-rated and for adults only. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'd be on that 'special shelf' at the bookseller....:giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'd be on that 'special shelf' at the bookseller....:giggle:

The best part is that I think Sir Patrick would buy it :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

The best part is that I think Sir Patrick would buy it :laugh:

No doubt... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

No doubt... :P

I just KNOW he'd be all flattered and stuff. Damn him. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites