I had my evening cigarette last night and was looking at the stars, wishing for the Enterprise-E to appear (don't judge me) when a question popped up in my mind: Would the Enterprise-E be making any noise if she flew over my home village? You know, like an airplane that you hear when it crosses the sky above you? Do her impulse engines make actual external noise and if so, do they make so much noise that you can hear it below? I know they make noise in space, but they're not supposed to make noise in space and that's only for the audience and such, so this doesn't count - or is this the sound the engines would be making if they flew directly over a planet's surface? Would you HEAR the ship before it shows up above you?

(I am assuming here, of course, that the Enterprise-E is equipped for crossing Earth's atmosphere, but then, if the Enterprise-D can do that - we see her in a planet's atmosphere on several occasions - the E can as well, and even better since she's the superior ship. I also know that the Voyager lands in an episode or something but that's the Voyager, that ship was designed for theoretical landings I believe, that's different, I guess?)

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but physics and such is NOT my strongest suit. Oh and I'm also looking for something in good old-fashioned narrow CANON that supports this, no novels, plz. I hardly ever watch the TNG movies so maybe I missed something there...? I try not to miss things but honestly, I can't force myself through either Insurrection or Nemesis nowadays, yech.

Sim   
3 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

I had my evening cigarette last night and was looking at the stars, wishing for the Enterprise-E to appear (don't judge me) when a question popped up in my mind: Would the Enterprise-E be making any noise if she flew over my home village? You know, like an airplane that you hear when it crosses the sky above you? Do her impulse engines make actual external noise and if so, do they make so much noise that you can hear it below? I know they make noise in space, but they're not supposed to make noise in space and that's only for the audience and such, so this doesn't count - or is this the sound the engines would be making if they flew directly over a planet's surface? Would you HEAR the ship before it shows up above you?

(I am assuming here, of course, that the Enterprise-E is equipped for crossing Earth's atmosphere, but then, if the Enterprise-D can do that - we see her in a planet's atmosphere on several occasions - the E can as well, and even better since she's the superior ship. I also know that the Voyager lands in an episode or something but that's the Voyager, that ship was designed for theoretical landings I believe, that's different, I guess?)

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but physics and such is NOT my strongest suit. Oh and I'm also looking for something in good old-fashioned narrow CANON that supports this, no novels, plz. I hardly ever watch the TNG movies so maybe I missed something there...? I try not to miss things but honestly, I can't force myself through either Insurrection or Nemesis nowadays, yech.

Hm, I guess because of its speed, the quick displacing of the air alone would make some noise, even if the engines didn't. But then, I'm no expert and can't tell if that would be loud enough to hear from the ground.

A canon thing that comes to my mind is the Abramsverse Enterprise making a loud noise when it flies through the atmosphere of a planet in the beginning of STID ... but it's not the Ent-E, and a different universe. In that universe, the NCC 1701 can even dive down the water and hide there... so not sure if the physics and the ships from both universes are comparable.

Edited by Sim

I refuse to rely on the Abramsverse for ANYTHING so naaaah, lol!

But it's true, flying through the air alone would make a lot of noise, given how big the Enterprise-E is. She's rather streamlined and aerodynamically pleasing perhaps, but there would of course be noise just from flying through the air. I was thinking maybe the crash of the Enterprise-D's saucer section in Generations could be useful but that's a CRASH, not a smooth ride through the atmosphere and then some nice gliding through the sky. (And it's a crash, I don't think there are any engines involved...? What do I know, Generations is another movie I'd rather not watch, lol.)

By now I'm almost ready to think it would feel/sound like fifty jet fighters in the sky or something if the Enterprise-E showed up. What a majestic entrance. :laugh:This is one of those very few moments in which I wish I could ask my ex boyfriend - he's a pilot, he'd probably know

Probably depends on how fast she's going. You'd sure as hell hear her if she created a sonic boom. But I'm assuming the throb of the engines - which we hear as a background noise - would create some external noise in an atmospheric environment too. They'd be using impulse and thrusters, so the thrusters alone would surely create some effects...? Being the E, one assumes it is massively energy efficient (and presumably that extends to noise also), but no matter how quiet the engines, basic physics predicts that air displacement would herald its approach. 

The JJverse Enterprise seems to ignore basic physics anyway - at least the TV shows make passing nods to "future tech" like structural integrity fields to gloss over any problematic science glitches. In TOS, when the Enterprise finds itself in extremely low orbit in Tomorrow is Yesterday, the Enterprise has serious problems as it wasn't designed for atmospheric flight. But the JJprise has magic anti-grav flying carpet threads interwoven in its repulsorlift didgeridoos or something. 

[Edit]: wrote that before I saw your reply to Sim, Mr. Picard! :laugh:

The physics geek in me says that the Ent-E because of her sheer mass, let alone her impulse thrusters would make a HELL of a lot of noise.  I live many miles from Vandenburg Air Force Base here on our west coast, and occasionally (on a very rare day) you'll see the contrail of a rocket launching a satellite payload into space.  One thing about rockets; they're very noisy in atmosphere; and the Enterprise uses a really BIG nuclear one at the rear of her saucer section, and countless other reaction control jets all over her hull.

So yes, in short, she would be VERY noisy.   And her sheer mass would probably cause the sensation of trembling on the ground.  My wife's cousin, who's worked for NASA at JPL/Caltech for most of his life (he's nearing retirement age now) attended a launch of one of the Apollo missions back in the 1970s and said it was the single, LOUDEST thing he'd ever heard in his lifetime (to this day).  Now, when I think of the action/reaction necessary to keep something as huge as the Ent-E aloft?   Oh yes, you'd DEFINITELY hear if Jean-Luc flew by overhead....

PS:. Even her powerless descent onto Veridian 3 would've made some huge sonic booms as it pierced the atmosphere (assuming Veridian 3 was a close copy of Earth, and the fact that the crew were all breathing and were able to stand up indicated that was the case...).  I've also heard (and felt) the sonic boom of a space shuttle landing at Edwards AFB, and I live a LONG way from Edwards AFB.   Now imagine something with the sheer heft of the Enterprise-D...

18 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

Probably depends on how fast she's going. You'd sure as hell hear her if she created a sonic boom. But I'm assuming the throb of the engines - which we hear as a background noise - would create some external noise in an atmospheric environment too. They'd be using impulse and thrusters, so the thrusters alone would surely create some effects...? Being the E, one assumes it is massively energy efficient (and presumably that extends to noise also), but no matter how quiet the engines, basic physics predicts that air displacement would herald its approach. 

The JJverse Enterprise seems to ignore basic physics anyway - at least the TV shows make passing nods to "future tech" like structural integrity fields to gloss over any problematic science glitches. In TOS, when the Enterprise finds itself in extremely low orbit in Tomorrow is Yesterday, the Enterprise has serious problems as it wasn't designed for atmospheric flight. But the JJprise has magic anti-grav flying carpet threads interwoven in its repulsorlift didgeridoos or something. 

[Edit]: wrote that before I saw your reply to Sim, Mr. Picard! :laugh:

Yeah even I know that using the warp engines in Earth's sky would PROBABLY be a bad idea :laugh:

The thrusters would definitely make noise I assume, yes! Oh dear. Now I want to hear the exact noise! Why has no one tried to recreate this in some way?

Let's just ignore the Abramsverse shall we haha

14 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

The physics geek in me says that the Ent-E because of her sheer mass, let alone her impulse thrusters would make a HELL of a lot of noise.  I live many miles from Vandenburg Air Force Base here on our west coast, and occasionally (on a very rare day) you'll see the contrail of a rocket launching a satellite payload into space.   One thing about rockets; they're very noisy in atmosphere; and the Enterprise uses a really BIG nuclear one at the rear of her saucer section, and countless other reaction control jets all over her hull.

So yes, in short, she would be VERY noisy.   And her sheer mass would probably cause the sensation of trembling on the ground.  My wife's cousin, who's worked for NASA at JPL/Caltech for most of his life (he's nearing retirement age now) attended a launch of one of the Apollo missions back in the 1970s and said it was the single, LOUDEST thing he'd ever heard in his lifetime (to this day).  Now, when I think of the action/reaction necessary to keep something as huge as the Ent-E aloft?   Oh yes, you'd DEFINITELY hear if Jean-Luc flew by overhead....

PS:. Even her powerless descent onto Veridian 3 would've made some huge sonic booms as it pierced the atmosphere (assuming Veridian 3 was a close copy of Earth, and the fact that the crew were all breathing and were able to stand up indicated that was the case...).

AAAH I knew someone would give me a super detailed physics geek answer, thank you so much! :inlove:

I WAS indeed wondering if the ground would shake but I didn't mention it because I didn't want to sound stupid or anything. *ahem* (You have to keep in mind, I went through school with a constant straight F in physics, I've therefore learned the hard way to NOT to make any remarks, lol.) But oh DEAR, that sounds LOUD. Very LOUD.

What if the ship stopped? Say, right over my house because of course that's where Jean-Luc would stop I assume she would still be making noise, simply keeping her up in the sky would create noise as well, yes?

Oh this is fascinating!

tumblr_lzqkcx4KH01r63qyz.gif

Just now, Mr.Picard said:

Yeah even I know that using the warp engines in Earth's sky would PROBABLY be a bad idea :laugh:

The thrusters would definitely make noise I assume, yes! Oh dear. Now I want to hear the exact noise! Why has no one tried to recreate this in some way?

AAAH I knew someone would give me a super detailed physics geek answer, thank you so much! :inlove:

I WAS indeed wondering if the ground would shake but I didn't mention it because I didn't want to sound stupid or anything. *ahem* (You have to keep in mind, I went through school with a constant straight F in physics, I've therefore learned the hard way to NOT to make any remarks, lol.) But oh DEAR, that sounds LOUD. Very LOUD.

What if the ship stopped? Say, right over my house because of course that's where Jean-Luc would stop I assume she would still be making noise, simply keeping her up in the sky would create noise as well, yes?

Oh this is fascinating!

That's my wonder; I don't know if the Enterprise-D could simply stop and park without using some kind of thrust; granted, they have anti-grav technology in that century, but action/reaction says it would have to project some kind of 'hover anchor' beam to stay aloft.  And once again, that nagging Sir Isaac Newton says that given the E's mass, that 'anchor beam' (or magic carpet, as Robin so cleverly put it) would wreak havoc on the Earth below.

Most likely (and easiest) she would simply 'park' in a geosynchronous orbit about 22,000 miles/36,000 km above a fixed point on Earth (which would allow her to orbit at the same pace as the Earth itself... always remaining above ONE fixed spot).   No need for continual thrust, force beams, anti-gravs or any of that.    That's why geosynchronous orbit is such a coveted spot for satellites; they remain fixed above one spot on the ground... it's also what allows satellites TV to work, for example.   If the satellite were rapidly crossing Earth, a fixed receiver dish on the ground would only have contact with it for a very short while.   

4 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

That's my wonder; I don't know if the Enterprise-D could simply stop and park without using some kind of thrust; granted, they have anti-grav technology in that century, but action/reaction says it would have to project some kind of 'hover anchor' beam to stay aloft.  And once again, that nagging Sir Isaac Newton says that given the E's mass, that 'anchor beam' (or magic carpet, as Robin so cleverly put it) would wreak havoc on the Earth below.

Most likely (and easiest) she would simply 'park' in a geosynchronous orbit about 22,000 miles/36,000 km above a fixed point on Earth (which would allow her to orbit at the same pace as the Earth itself... always remaining above ONE fixed spot).   No need for continual thrust, force beams, anti-gravs or any of that.    That's why geosynchronous orbit is such a coveted spot for satellites; they remain fixed above one spot on the ground... it's also what allows satellites TV to work, for example.   If the satellite were rapidly crossing Earth, a fixed receiver dish on the ground would only have contact with it for a very short while.   

Yeah but then I couldn't see the ship anymore, couldn't I? (I have no grasp of numbers/distances. Dyscalculia, hello.) *dumb face* Is that what she does in First Contact? *even dumber face* What a shame, I was so ready to start writing a fan fic in which she just shows up in the sky, screw the Prime Directive, lol. (I know it's easier to send a shuttle or use the transporter but bringing the entire ship down just makes for one hell of an entrance!)

1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

Oh this is fascinating!

I believe you actually hear a sonic boom just before the saucer breaks through the clouds before it hits the ground on Veridian III. At least I think that's what the sound is supposed to represent.

And, yes, I can't imagine a ship like the E or Voyager landing without shaking the earth. There's no way a million gross tons of ship lands with a shiver no matter how carefully managed it is.

Edited by prometheus59650

Just now, prometheus59650 said:

I believe you actually hear a sonic boom just before the saucer breaks through the clouds before it hits the ground. At least I think that's what the sound is supposed to represent.

And, yes, I can't imagine a ship like the E or Voyager landing without shaking the earth. There's no way a million gross tons of ship lands with a shiver no matter how carefully managed it is.

Okay so what I gather so far is that it would be LOOOOOUUUUD. And unwise for the ship to either hover or land. (Landing was not what I had in mind though - it would be VERY tough to find a spot for the Enterprise-E to land... and I don't think she's designed for that in the first place. I mean sure they could land her, but it would be more like CRASHING her I guess...?

The impulse engines...even the thrusters (think moonshot launch x100) would be loud. The sound would be heard for miles. If it were the impulse engines, them running alone would probably sound like a sonic boom that didn't end and would probably shatter windows.

Not counting the sound of air displacement as something that large cut through it.

Yeah, an E "landing" would be a managed crash more than anything. She wasn't designed for it like Voyager.

2 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

Yeah but then I couldn't see the ship anymore, couldn't I? (I have no grasp of numbers/distances. Dyscalculia, hello.) *dumb face* Is that what she does in First Contact? *even dumber face* What a shame, I was so ready to start writing a fan fic in which she just shows up in the sky, screw the Prime Directive, lol. (I know it's easier to send a shuttle or use the transporter but bringing the entire ship down just makes for one hell of an entrance!)

You could see it on a clear night with a small telescope, but from that distance?  The Earth would be a blue soccer ball in space to the Ent-D crew.  Geosynchronous orbit is a LOT higher than movies or TV shows usually indicate...

I like that moment in First Contact when Lily sees the Ent-E warp away.   If the Ent-E were that close to the moon, I'm pretty sure her warping of space would be VERY visible... though I'm not sure I buy Worf's 'the moon's gravity obscured our warp signature...' line.   NASA and other space agencies (including the Chinese) have often plotted the motions of tiny satellites orbiting the moon and they aren't distorted at all.   My guess is that Worf (or Data?) plotted the course of the Enterprise to disappear from Earth's line of sight; and since the Vulcans were landed, they weren't paying attention (?).   But her entry into warp should've still been picked up... especially if Lily Sloane could SEE it (which also means they were IN earth's line of sight). 

Oh well, romance always trumps science in movies...:inlove: :P

10 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

The impulse engines...even the thrusters (think moonshot launch x100) would be loud. The sound would be heard for miles. If it were the impulse engines, them running alone would probably sound like a sonic boom that didn't end and would probably shatter windows.

Not counting the sound of air displacement as something that large cut through it.

Yeah, an E "landing" would be a managed crash more than anything. She wasn't designed for it like Voyager.

Shattering windows? Eeeek! I'm beginning to understand why they didn't have such a scene in any of the TNG movies, lol! I'm still tempted to write about this, though - it's still an appearance that would be remembered for a LONG time! And well... at least I wouldn't sleep through it all if she showed up at night. :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

You could see it on a clear night with a small telescope, but from that distance?  The Earth would be a blue soccer ball in space to the Ent-D crew.  Geosynchronous orbit is a LOT higher than movies or TV shows usually indicate...

I like that moment in First Contact when Lily sees the Ent-E warp away.   If she were that close to the moon, I'm pretty sure her warping of space would be VERY visible... though I'm not sure I buy Worf's 'the moon's gravity obscured our warp signature...' line.   NASA and other space agencies (including the Chinese) have often plotted the motions of tiny satellites orbiting the moon and they aren't distorted at all.   My guess is that Worf (or Data?) plotted the course of the Enterprise to disappear from Earth's line of site; and since the Vulcans were landed, they weren't paying attention (?).   But her entry into warp should've still been picked up... especially if Lily Sloane could SEE it. 

Oh well, romance always trumps science in movies...:inlove: :P

I don't have a telescope, this orbit thingy is no good! :P Ah well. Maybe I'd just have to make do with a shuttle trip - it'll probably be just as majestic to fly up into space and then towards her. If the ship can't come to me, I'll come to the ship.

(I'd still want for her to do a quick ZOOOOOOOM through the sky at night though, I'm stubborn like that. Haha. At least do it in a simulation on the holodeck!)

I would hope I wouldn't have to witness her warping away - the only place where I'd want to be if that happened would be ABOARD her! It would break my heart to see her leaving without me. NOPE.

21 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Shattering windows? Eeeek! I'm beginning to understand why they didn't have such a scene in any of the TNG movies, lol! I'm still tempted to write about this, though - it's still an appearance that would be remembered for a LONG time! And well... at least I wouldn't sleep through it all if she showed up at night. :laugh:

It'd be very memorable... much as the Titanic or the Hindenburg were memorable experiences. :laugh:

21 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I don't have a telescope, this orbit thingy is no good! :P Ah well. Maybe I'd just have to make do with a shuttle trip - it'll probably be just as majestic to fly up into space and then towards her. If the ship can't come to me, I'll come to the ship.

(I'd still want for her to do a quick ZOOOOOOOM through the sky at night though, I'm stubborn like that. Haha. At least do it in a simulation on the holodeck!)

I would hope I wouldn't have to witness her warping away - the only place where I'd want to be if that happened would be ABOARD her! It would break my heart to see her leaving without me. NOPE.

I think Jean-Luc landing in a shuttle landing on Earth could be quite dramatic; more personal, too... ;)

But as for the Ent-D (or E) maneuvering stealthily within Earth's atmosphere?   Doubtful, to say the least.

Robin also cited a good example in "Tomorrow Is Yesterday" with TOS' Ent flying low in the atmosphere, but 'low' is a relative term... Kirk's Ent was still arguably a lot higher than say, a commercial jet airplane.   In the remastered version the sky above the Ent is rendered in a very dark blue (near-indigo, in fact), meaning that the air was pretty thin where the Ent (and Capt. Christopher's jet) were flying.   Thin air = less sound.  Hence, less tremoring.   But I suspect there would've still been a hell of a boom when the Ent first plunged into the atmosphere, even from that high up. 

However, I still remember that time (around 7 or so years ago?) when the space shuttle had to land at Edwards AFB in California and my wife and I felt the double sonic boom; shook our tiny house like an earthquake and we are a LOOOOONG way from Edwards.   :ohmy: 

That sonic boom was a nice wake up call to the real physics of air-to-space travel...:laugh:

It'd be very memorable... much as the Titanic or the Hindenburg were memorable experiences. :laugh:

I think Jean-Luc landing in a shuttle landing on Earth could be quite dramatic; more personal, too... ;)

But as for the Ent-D (or E) maneuvering stealthily within Earth's atmosphere?   Doubtful, to say the least.

Robin also cited a good example in "Tomorrow Is Yesterday" with TOS' Ent flying low in the atmosphere, but 'low' is a relative term... Kirk's Ent was still arguably a lot higher than say, a commercial jet airplane.   In the remastered version the sky above the Ent is rendered in a very dark blue (near-indigo, in fact), meaning that the air was pretty thin where the Ent (and Capt. Christopher's jet) were flying.   Thin air = less sound.  Hence, less tremoring.   But I suspect there would've still been a hell of a boom when the Ent first plunged into the atmosphere, even from that high up. 

However, I still remember that time (around 7 or so years ago?) when the space shuttle had to land at Edwards AFB in California and my wife and I felt the double sonic boom; shook our tiny house like an earthquake and we are a LOOOOONG way from Edwards.   :ohmy: 

That sonic boom was a nice wake up call to the real physics of air-to-space travel...:laugh:

I'd be okay with him appearing in a transporter beam as well or even just as a hologram (like Shinzon in Nemesis or Eddington on the Defiant IIRC) telling me to pack a few things and then we'll be on our way. ;) But yes a shuttle would be cute as well, Jean-Luc stepping out of it in his majestic way would be quite something! I'd probably think it's a joke at first and be like "oh very funny, Patrick, are you f***ing kidding me, wait a second, you're NOT Patrick - oh S**T!". :laugh: But still, nothing beats the entire ship blasting down like HELLO ALEXANDER I HAVE COME TO PICK YOU UUUUUUUUP *woooosh* :laugh: 

I did remember that TOS episode but that's Kirk's Enterprise, a lot less sophisticated than the Enterprise-E, I was thinking maybe the E has a few improvements or something that make her sudden appearance a little less weird but apparently one cannot change the laws of physics no matter how advanced the ship is...

3 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I did remember that TOS episode but that's Kirk's Enterprise, a lot less sophisticated than the Enterprise-E, I was thinking maybe the E has a few improvements or something that make her sudden appearance a little less weird but apparently one cannot change the laws of physics no matter how advanced the ship is...

Sadly, mass and action/reaction are still going to be problems... no matter which century.  :(

4 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I'd be okay with him appearing in a transporter beam as well or even just as a hologram (like Shinzon in Nemesis or Eddington on the Defiant IIRC) telling me to pack a few things and then we'll be on our way. ;) But yes a shuttle would be cute as well, Jean-Luc stepping out of it in his majestic way would be quite something! I'd probably think it's a joke at first and be like "oh very funny, Patrick, are you f***ing kidding me, wait a second, you're NOT Patrick - oh S**T!". :laugh: But still, nothing beats the entire ship blasting down like HELLO ALEXANDER I HAVE COME TO PICK YOU UUUUUUUUP *woooosh* :laugh: 

It would be a bit like using an atomic bomb to light the candles on a birthday cake... :laugh:

It would be a bit like using an atomic bomb to light the candles on a birthday cake... :laugh:

Jean-Luc Picard doesn't do small things, he appears with a BAAAAAANG :laugh: (just kidding, he'd of course NEVER take the entire ship down just to pick someone up but it's fun to imagine him doing it)

Yeah I suppose all this is really why starships have shuttles and transporters. Taking the entire ship down to a Class M world is just too much. Unfortunately. I had such cute thoughts about the Enterprise-E quietly whooooooshing through the nightly sky, a huge dark shadow, sneaky like a panther... guess she'd be more like a T-Rex stomping around... :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

Jean-Luc Picard doesn't do small things, he appears with a BAAAAAANG :laugh: (just kidding, he'd of course NEVER take the entire ship down just to pick someone up but it's fun to imagine him doing it)

Yeah I suppose all this is really why starships have shuttles and transporters. Taking the entire ship down to a Class M world is just too much. Unfortunately. I had such cute thoughts about the Enterprise-E quietly whooooooshing through the nightly sky, a huge dark shadow, sneaky like a panther... guess she'd be more like a T-Rex stomping around... :laugh: 

Wow!  I just had an idea for your story that's bigger than a shuttle and less unwieldy than a starship...how about the seldom seen Captain's yacht?  I believe (?) it was only used in INS (an otherwise terribly forgettable movie... :laugh:).

Worth a try. 

The Enterprise going the speed of sound would create a sonic boom. That is what that is. The boom is caused when the ship or spaceship reaches a speed that sends shock waves back to Earth, and those waves touch the ground. So no, if the ship was cruising slowly enough, it would not make a boom. It would however cause a noise. It would be like a big jetliner flying overhead, not going sonic, but just flying. The engines would be loud.

It probably would have made more sense if Worf said "The shields masked us from being detected" not the moon's gravity. Although without a deflector dish, how did they get back? Ha.

As for suing the captain's yacht, do whatever you like. It's a story. It probably does have some kind of noise cancelling ability though.

The JJ trek was fast and loose on physics, including how black holes work, and ships crack up, and all that. Mybe Krass should make an updatre to Physics of Star Trek, but he would have to explain all the bs.

Also if the transporter never recognized a pattern before, how does it work? The TS ship beaming up the pilot, in flight, or a TNG alien, on the ground, can just do that? You'd think it would make errors, and one of the aliens would beam up qirth some organ missing, or something.

Asthe Enterprise makes a rumbling shoowsh overhead.

Edited by Chimera82405

7 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Wow!  I just had an idea for your story that's bigger than a shuttle and less unwieldy than a starship...how about the seldom seen Captain's yacht?  I believe (?) it was only used in INS (an otherwise terribly forgettable movie... :laugh:).

Worth a try. 

It's not a new idea, I've used the yacht in stories before. In my headcanon it has a huge and quite comfortable bed. :angel_not: But yes, the yacht would definitely be more awesome than an ordinary shuttle, that's for sure! 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

It's not a new idea, I've used the yacht in stories before. In my headcanon it has a huge and quite comfortable bed. :angel_not: But yes, the yacht would definitely be more awesome than an ordinary shuttle, that's for sure! 

It's VERY dramatic...I could only imagine how Alex might redecorate the interior too.  ;)

27 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

It's VERY dramatic...I could only imagine how Alex might redecorate the interior too.  ;)

He'd be busy with redecorating Jean-Luc first tho :angel_not: I'd go for redecorating the EXTERIOR. A few bumper stickers, for example. "Cinnamon Roll On Board" :laugh: 

2 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

He'd be busy with redecorating Jean-Luc first tho :angel_not: I'd go for redecorating the EXTERIOR. A few bumper stickers, for example. "Cinnamon Roll On Board" :laugh: 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, that one hit me right in the funny bone... :P