Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Explorer3

Avatar: The Last Airbender & The Legend of Korra

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Note: I'm talking about the animated series of Avatar, not the live action film, which was apparently awful.

Has anyone seen either of these shows? They take a while to really pick up -- Avatar's best season is probably the second, while Korra starts really working in the third and might be at its best in the final season. They feature surprisingly engaging writing. They also have interesting combat mechanics (based on traditional styles of kung fu, in the former series, while the other series has more modern elements).

Edited by Explorer3

Big fan here. Overall, didn't like Korra. 

Movie? What movie?(repressing memories). 

I've never watched the film, I just heard that it was terrible.

Good to see another fan.

On 5/9/2017 at 3:46 PM, Explorer3 said:

I've never watched the film, I just heard that it was terrible.

Good to see another fan.

The movie was so bad that the creators of Airbender are forbidden to speak of it at comic con, because there was something in the contract about dissing the movie. It was a mess a hot fire nation mess. Several people have done excellent reviews of it explaining how they got it wrong, one of which is on Channel Awesome on Youtube. M. Night basically turned the series into a 2 hour murky and dreary pastiche of events from season one. Any novice fan could have written a better one.

Korra is all right, but not as much fun. Hopefully they will not make a movie about that.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0