Valour1

Star Trek Federation Starships

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello everybody, I am a big fan of Star Trek, like I'm sure everyone here is but something that may seperate me from some of the fans is that, one of my favorite things about Trek is the Starships. Particularly Federation Starships. I even collect the small scale, die cast ships by Eaglemoss, Johnny Lightning and others when I can. I have always loved the ships. In fact to me the Enterprise itself is a huge character in the franchise. She always takes care of the crew and even when she is about to blow up or fall apart, the Enterprise seems to save the day. Okay,  time for me to quit rambling on. My question to everyone is, are there any really good books out there that just show the Federation ships?Stats, images and specs. I know of a few books,  like the Ships of the Line. But I haven't ever found the end all, be all book showing all of the many, cool and awesome Star Trek Federation Ships. I recently saw for the first time the New Orleans class ships. Very cool by the way and I couldn't believe that I haven't seen it before. So I know there a lots more that I haven't seen and that is what got me to thinking again,  about how I would love to see them all in one book. Anyway,  I look at what I can online but I would like to see a complete collection somewhere. If you all have any information or ideas about what I'm looking for, please let me know. Also,  thank you so much for taking the time to read this and thank you for any help or ideas that you can share. 

Edited by Valour1

Not that I know of.

And, now that you mention it, I really want one.

56 minutes ago, Valour1 said:

Hello everybody, I am a big fan of Star Trek, like I'm sure everyone here is but something that may seperate me from some of the fans is that, one of my favorite things about Trek is the Starships. Particularly Federation Starships. I even collect the small scale, die cast ships by Eaglemoss, Johnny Lightning and others when I can. I have always loved the ships. In fact to me the Enterprise itself is a huge character in the franchise. She always takes care of the crew and even when she is about to blow up or fall apart, the Enterprise seems to save the day. Okay,  time for me to quit rambling on. My question to everyone is, are there any really good books out there that just show the Federation ships?Stats, images and specs. I know of a few books,  like the Ships of the Line. But I haven't ever found the end all, be all book showing all of the many, cool and awesome Star Trek Federation Ships. I recently saw for the first time the New Orleans class ships. Very cool by the way and I couldn't believe that I haven't seen it before. So I know there a lots more that I haven't seen and that is what got me to thinking again,  about how I would love to see them all in one book. Anyway,  I look at what I can online but I would like to see a complete collection somewhere. If you all have any information or ideas about what I'm looking for, please let me know. Also,  thank you so much for taking the time to read this and thank you for any help or ideas that you can share. 

I think it's safe to say you've found your lost tribe; check out our MANY threads about starships in the Tech section, as well as the general Star Trek forums.

We also have nice, HD-screencaps of the Star Trek movies and episodes. 

Check out the top bar in this link and click on your Star Trek of choice:  http://www.trekcore.com

Enjoy, and welcome aboard. :Enterprise: :thumbsup2:

Welcome Valour1! Glad to have you aboard.

I believe one of the Star Trek Encyclopedias had an image showing a large number of Starships to scale.

Here's an idea.  Using a 3D printer, print all the Enterprises to the same scale -- from the NX-01 to the NCC-1701-E.  I don't believe anyone has ever produced all the Enterprises to the same scale.  That would be one cool project!

I'd LOVE to have all the Enterprises from Eaglemoss.  Unfortunately, they'd cost over $500.  So right now, I'll stay satisfied with my not-all-the same-scale Enterprises:

enterprises.JPG

The gold ship is the Enterprise-F from the game Star Trek Online.

This excellent site reviews all things Star Trek ships, and even ships of various other space franchises. Also they get interviews with the designers of the ships, and with other Trek alumni. Their current stuff on the Enterprises over the years is very interesting. They also do warp history, design stats, etc.

Note, I do not know them, but I have subscribed to their channel. It is in my YT feed. A must for any Trek ship fan.

Trekyards.com, Youtube also. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/knightstalker666?&ytbChannel=Trekyards

I would like to have my own federation ship collection someday but they are expensive.     Another thing, is where to put them in my room lol  

1 hour ago, JayTheTrekkie said:

I would like to have my own federation ship collection someday but they are expensive.     Another thing, is where to put them in my room lol  

Space... the final frontier.  :laugh: