Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

IDW July Comics - Back to Starbase Yorktown

TrekMovie posted the covers and info for the IDW Star Trek comic books for July.

In STAR TREK BOLDLY GO issue 10, Scotty returns to the Yorktown base to check in on construction of the new Enterprise… only to find that building the flagship comes with unexpected perils!

17951490_10212850737842435_3883392989443

Gus

2 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:
TrekMovie posted the covers and info for the IDW Star Trek comic books for July.

In STAR TREK BOLDLY GO issue 10, Scotty returns to the Yorktown base to check in on construction of the new Enterprise… only to find that building the flagship comes with unexpected perils!

17951490_10212850737842435_3883392989443

Gus

Hopefully it gets a more Star Trek-looking engine room this time, too.   I was not terribly fond of the USS Budweiser-prise (hehe) but I kind of liked the use of the Lawrence Livermore Labs key ignition facility in STID; at least that looked more technical than giant vats of beer.  When I first saw ST09's engine room, I half-expected to see Laverne and Shirley going by on a forklift....:laugh:

imagejpeg

15 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Hopefully it gets a more Star Trek-looking engine room this time, too.   I was not terribly fond of the USS Budweiser-prise (hehe) but I kind of liked the use of the Lawrence Livermore Labs key ignition facility in STID; at least that looked more technical than giant vats of beer.  When I first saw ST09's engine room, I half-expected to see Laverne and Shirley going by on a forklift....:laugh:

I dont think we will see the Enterprise-A engineering or even the bridge on the comic book, because those sets has not yet have being designed for STAR TREK 4 (if there is a STAR TREK 4 with the JJ  cast)

Gus

7 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

I dont think we will see the Enterprise-A engineering or even the bridge on the comic book, because those sets has not yet have being designed for STAR TREK 4 (if there is a STAR TREK 4 with the JJ  cast)

Gus

True, and a good point.   

Here's a 5 page preview of IDW's STAR TREK BOLDLY GO issue 10, on sale today for you comic books fans, art by Tony Shasteen.

Scotty returns to the Yorktown base to check in on construction of the new Enterprise… only to find that building the flagship comes with unexpected perils!

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1707/25/startrekboldlygo10.htm

20431473_10213955811548587_4491460348345

3 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

Reallly ? I cant remember the movie......sigh...........

LOL

Gus

You probably left before it was over.  :laugh:

Well, if J.J. Abrams directs again, expect to see more brewery-style interiors. I liked how there was no evidence of any breweries in Beyond.

15 hours ago, Rusty0918 said:

Well, if J.J. Abrams directs again, expect to see more brewery-style interiors. I liked how there was no evidence of any breweries in Beyond.

Well, he didn’t direct Beyond, so its unlikely (given his producing chores on Star Wars AND Star Trek) that he’d find the time to do so if/when another ST sequel happens. 

In fairness, while I wasn’t fond of Budweiser-prise engineering?  I did appreciate the use of the real-world Lawrence Livermore key ignition lab as a warp core in STID (a movie I wasn’t too fond of, otherwise).  LL labs actually LOOKS like a 23rd century locale; it certainly worked well for Star Trek...

20140803enterprise-warpcore.jpg?w=240

15 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Well, he didn’t direct Beyond, so its unlikely (given his producing chores on Star Wars AND Star Trek) that he’d find the time to do so if/when another ST sequel happens. 

In fairness, while I wasn’t fond of Budweiser-prise engineering?  I did appreciate the use of the real-world Lawrence Livermore key ignition lab as a warp core in STID (a movie I wasn’t too fond of, otherwise).  LL labs actually LOOKS like a 23rd century locale; it certainly worked well for Star Trek...

20140803enterprise-warpcore.jpg?w=240

That was one of the few saving graces of STID - if there were any. Although we still saw a lot of the brewery, unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Rusty0918 said:

That was one of the few saving graces of STID - if there were any. Although we still saw a lot of the brewery, unfortunately.

The brewery engine room scenes really popped me out of the movie a tiny bit because I had a friend of mine (a former coworker) who actually worked at that very brewery.  :laugh:

There was also a brief scene in STID that was shot at the Getty Center art museum in Los Angeles, but they 'dressed it up' enough to not be too glaringly obvious. 

2 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

The brewery engine room scenes really popped me out of the movie a tiny bit because I had a friend of mine (a former coworker) who actually worked at that very brewery.  :laugh:

There was also a brief scene in STID that was shot at the Getty Center art museum in Los Angeles, but they 'dressed it up' enough to not be too glaringly obvious. 

Well - most of the scenes in the Ocampa underground complex were filmed at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

1 hour ago, Rusty0918 said:

Well - most of the scenes in the Ocampa underground complex were filmed at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

That’s true.  I always thought it was odd that the ‘underground’ complex was just drenched in sunlight like that...:P

I’ve been to the LACC a few times myself.  Now when I see it, it just reeks of Ocampa. :laugh:

caretaker_1109.jpg

gene wilder oompa loompas GIF

Ocampa-Lampa-Oompity-Daa! 

^ Okay, I don’t even know what led to that one. :giggle:

Well - to be fair there may have been a means underground to "simulate" daylight you know. I mean, if the Caretaker could whisk ships away from other parts of the galaxy, I mean, perhaps there is some use for artificial sunlight.

4 hours ago, Rusty0918 said:

Well - to be fair there may have been a means underground to "simulate" daylight you know. I mean, if the Caretaker could whisk ships away from other parts of the galaxy, I mean, perhaps there is some use for artificial sunlight.

True, but the characters seemed to immediately realize they were in an underground complex... couldn’t they have pretended to be fooled for, oh, maybe a second? :laugh:

That L.A sunshine is just SO bright...:cool:

Well - there may be some way to do that in an underground complex and still have it be obvious. There were some major light sources underground.

Sign in to follow this