Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

STAR WARS THE LAST JEDI Trailer Online - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI Gets An Incredible First Teaser Trailer And A Stunning Theatrical Poster

Well, it's finally here! The very first teaser trailer and an amazing poster for Rian Johnson's Star Wars: The Last Jedi just debuted at Star Wars Celebration Orlando

BEWARE OF POSSIBLE SPOILERS !

maneth   

Looks really cool. Just watched Rogue One again today and I can't wait for Christmas...

Locutus   

The trailer looks great.  Luke's quote near the end is intriguing too.  It leaves you wanting to know more. love the poster as well:

O07sc3.png

Reminds me me of the Return of the Jedi posters:

return10AnivAdvRpt.jpg  ReturnARept.jpg

Any thoughts on Luke's last line?

And yeah, the trailer and the poster are both great. Particularly looking forward to Rey's training scenes.

Edited by Explorer3

Locutus   

"Any thoughts on Luke's last line?"

It could be a quote from early in the movie where Luke explains why he abandoned the Jedi Academy, because of the danger of those turning to the dark side like Kylo Ren.  Training new jedi is no longer something he wishes to do.  Rey must convince him otherwise.

It could also mean that it is time the Jedi Order go away as a relic of history because it is too dogmatic.  Demanding celibacy, renouncing love, and why does it have to be so polar?  Perhaps he will teach Rey a more balanced use of the force that is more a grey area, neither Light nor Dark, and that is what is meant by bringing "balance" to the force.

Edited by Locutus

JLook84   

Luke's last line is curious, but I'm also intrigued by the image of Kylo Ren's shattered helmet.  

His arc is the one I'm most interested in.  I know the joke to make on the Internet is that he's a whiny, temper tantrum throwing brat, but its really not that simple.  He's conflicted, volatile, more than a little unhinged.  I don't think his dialogue in his scene with Han in the last movie was just to lure Han in, I do think he's struggling with his choices and the choices before him and a big part of him wants to do the right thing.  Could the shattered helmet be something he does out of regret?

I don't doubt that the opening scene is related Rey's "vision trial.". We all know how much Jedi love to go into isolated places and hallucinate some weird stuff.

kenman   

Everyone seems really worked up by Luke's last line, and to me it seems almost like "well...yea."  All of the Force Awakens they were wondering where Luke was, as he went into self imposed hiding after his nephew, who he was attempting to make a Jedi, turned to the dark side and killed a bunch of people. I always just assumed that Luke was like...ok the Jedi aren't worth it, and went off to hide from the whole thing and everyone.  So when I heard the line, it just seemed natural to me, not like a big shocker.

1 hour ago, kenman said:

Everyone seems really worked up by Luke's last line, and to me it seems almost like "well...yea."  All of the Force Awakens they were wondering where Luke was, as he went into self imposed hiding after his nephew, who he was attempting to make a Jedi, turned to the dark side and killed a bunch of people. I always just assumed that Luke was like...ok the Jedi aren't worth it, and went off to hide from the whole thing and everyone.  So when I heard the line, it just seemed natural to me, not like a big shocker.

^
My wife and I were saying something similar after we watched the trailer.

Luke doesn't want to just make the same generational mistakes all over again; the Jedi fell twice within his own lifetime (he was born as they fell, and they fell during his time as a teacher).   Why just blindly go through all of those failed rituals and practices again?   Perhaps the Jedi were simply fated to die out; maybe Luke wants to train Rey to be something BETTER. 

20 hours ago, Explorer3 said:

Any thoughts on Luke's last line?

I've been hearing rumors that Luke went more "grey" than light side. In the lore of Star Wars, the original Force users balanced both sides.

I personally don't want too much Prequel stuff in these movies if I can be blunt. However, the PT never really delved into what "balance of the Force" truly meant. We have fans that think it literally means two Jedi and two Sith. Which makes no sense to me. Why would the Force care how many practitioners are around?

Others think it means eradicating the Dark Side as it is a "perversion" of the natural Force. If that is the case, then Lucas using the word "balance" was a poor choice. Balance implies an equilibrium between two or more sides.

It might be interesting to think the Jedi and the Sith were always wrong. And Force users were never meant to split the two but rather wield them both harmoniously.

What if Luke learned that lesson in his solitude?

If they choose the 'grey' route, like some are suggesting, I wonder how the film will explore that. I mean, the dark and light sides of the force are a massive part of the franchise as a whole. I haven't seen much of Rian Johnson's stuff, only Looper, so I'm curious to see how he depicts this change. 

3 hours ago, The Founder said:

I've been hearing rumors that Luke went more "grey" than light side. In the lore of Star Wars, the original Force users balanced both sides.

I personally don't want too much Prequel stuff in these movies if I can be blunt. However, the PT never really delved into what "balance of the Force" truly meant. We have fans that think it literally means two Jedi and two Sith. Which makes no sense to me. Why would the Force care how many practitioners are around?

Others think it means eradicating the Dark Side as it is a "perversion" of the natural Force. If that is the case, then Lucas using the word "balance" was a poor choice. Balance implies an equilibrium between two or more sides.

It might be interesting to think the Jedi and the Sith were always wrong. And Force users were never meant to split the two but rather wield them both harmoniously.

What if Luke learned that lesson in his solitude?

^
This...it makes even more sense with Rey's lines about seeing both the dark and light; it suggests the true 'balance' between light and dark is harmony.  It's more fitting with the 'gray' world we glimpsed in "Rogue One' (where good people had to do bad things for the greater good).   Life doesn't work in absolutes. 

3 hours ago, Explorer3 said:

If they choose the 'grey' route, like some are suggesting, I wonder how the film will explore that. I mean, the dark and light sides of the force are a massive part of the franchise as a whole. I haven't seen much of Rian Johnson's stuff, only Looper, so I'm curious to see how he depicts this change. 

Good point about how this will forever change the franchise as a whole. The seemingly eternal battle between the Light and the Dark goes back to the origins of Star Wars. Where will it go without it?

I'm not that put off by it because I played so many old Star Wars games and read so much old material of Star Wars that often had people walking that middle path. They tend to be the more popular characters too. i.e. Kyle Katarn?

I feel like the Light and Dark will still be part of the franchise, but our understanding of it will go in a completely different route.

3 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

^
This...it makes even more sense with Rey's lines about seeing both the dark and light; it suggests the true 'balance' between light and dark is harmony.  It's more fitting with the 'gray' world we glimpsed in "Rogue One' (where good people had to do bad things for the greater good).   Life doesn't work in absolutes. 

Exactly right. Rian seems to think it is only Luke who is the last jedi. But again - one has to ask ... why is he the last one? Do they mean because of what Kylo Ren did or because Luke will not resurrect the Jedi Order?

If not - what is Rey the first of?

Luke is the Last Jedi

Stunning STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI Pics Provide First Looks At Benicio Del Toro & Laura Dern's Characters

Vanity Fair has now debuted a gallery of over a dozen incredible new Star Wars: The Last Jedi portraits, offering up new looks at most of the main characters, and first glimpses of some new faces.

18620238_10213208709071492_5763035182917
Edited by GustavoLeao

2 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:
STAR WARS THE LAST JEDI second trailer / featurette is online ! Enjoy ! Beware of Spoilers !

Think I already posted the behind-the-scenes footage in the SW General thread, but mine didn’t include the new trailer so... cool! :thumbup:

Boa noite, good night !

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI - Luke Skywalker And Rey Grace EW's Fall Preview Covers; New Stills Released

20728059_10214093094100565_8598650211045

20638490_10214093095300595_1779471560129

Gus

41 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

He's looking really good there.

Yep ! Indeed he is.

Edited by GustavoLeao

Sign in to follow this