Sign in to follow this  
prometheus59650

TOS Wax Works Figures Finally Find a Home.

6 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

"My friends?  We've come home..."

tvh1069.jpg

Shame to admit it, but although I've lived most of my life in SoCal, I've never seen the Star Trek wax figures when they were at the old Wax Museum in Buena Park....

tenor.gif

To be honest, they look a bit... creepy.  

I don't know if it's decaying of the pigments used in the skin or whatnot, but it looks like they've aged somehow (ala Dorian Gray)...:dontgetit:

Well, I've now seen the Spock and McCoy figures up close (at WonderCon); McCoy's shirt was a bit ill-fitting, but the facial expression was pretty good; ditto for Spock, whose uniform fit a bit better.   Also loved the Enterprise bridge pieces that were on display as well.

The most surreal thing was seeing a very much real Nichelle Nichols herself signing autographs and posing for pics in front of the old bridge with her old crewmates.  

38 minutes ago, Space Elf said:

They look scary to me

bg7_zps5sp0pdvb.gif

Spock and McCoy wax figures on an Enterprise bridge mockup...

^

Here's the view I had of them last Saturday at WonderCon...

GPqtVTh5Umx2g.gif :giggle:

*hides under the table* I have three life-sized cardboard cutouts standing right next to my bed so I am NOT easily creeped out by this kind of thing but THESE figures are REALLY CREEPY.

tumblr_n32wezVes41tw1vhco1_500.gif

40 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

*hides under the table* I have three life-sized cardboard cutouts standing right next to my bed so I am NOT easily creeped out by this kind of thing but THESE figures are REALLY CREEPY.

tumblr_n32wezVes41tw1vhco1_500.gif

:laugh:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want life-size, waxen sculptures of Spock or McCoy next to my bed, either... a cardboard cutout is fairly innocuous, but a wax statue?  I dunno.  I think I've seen too many cheesy horror movies to ever sleep in the same house with one of those. :giggle:

1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

:laugh:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want life-size, waxen sculptures of Spock or McCoy next to my bed, either... a cardboard cutout is fairly innocuous, but a wax statue?  I dunno.  I think I've seen too many cheesy horror movies to ever sleep in the same house with one of those. :giggle:

I'm not sure how I'd think about a JLP wax figure to be honest... :angel_not: Cardboard cutouts scare people as well though. "OMG I thought someone was standing there!" "how can you SLEEP with these things looking at you"... some of the reactions I get, haha.

I think wax figures also require maintenance though, don't they? *insert creepy music here*

1 minute ago, Mr.Picard said:

I'm not sure how I'd think about a JLP wax figure to be honest... :angel_not: Cardboard cutouts scare people as well though. "OMG I thought someone was standing there!" "how can you SLEEP with these things looking at you"... some of the reactions I get, haha.

I think wax figures also require maintenance though, don't they? *insert creepy music here*

This moment comes to mind... :giggle:

unificationpartone303.jpg

8 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

This moment comes to mind... :giggle:

unificationpartone303.jpg

I'd stare at Jean-Luc as well when he's asleep though - I mean look at how cute he is!

I'm hopeless

Sign in to follow this