Sign in to follow this  
Sherlock Holmes

What was Sisko doing during "First Contact"?

Has anyone wondered what Sisko was doing while Worf took the Defiant to fight the Borg? I mean the Defiant was Sisko's baby. Why was Sisko not in command? Any theories (In universe) why Sisko wasn't present to fight the Borg? Or why Starfleet would send Worf and not Sisko.

31 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Has anyone wondered what Sisko was doing while Worf took the Defiant to fight the Borg? I mean the Defiant was Sisko's baby. Why was Sisko not in command? Any theories (In universe) why Sisko wasn't present to fight the Borg? Or why Starfleet would send Worf and not Sisko.

As I recall, he was a bit busy with the Klingons around that time...

Maybe Sisko, because of his experiences at Wolf 359 was dismissed by Starfleet command; and since Worf was on the outs with the Klingons anyway, it made more sense for them to swap jobs on that one.

Locutus   

The Dominion was active at this point was it not?  Perhaps they had Sisko keeping an eye on the wormhole to make sure the Dominion did not take advantage of the situation--much as they had Picard keeping an eye on the Romulans.

Edited by Locutus

Zef'No   
On 22 March 2017 at 11:38 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Sisko was busy with the Maquis (For the Uniform) and the Dominion (In Purgatory's Shadow)... That is, he was needed on DS9 (much like how Picard would stay on the bridge while Riker led the away teams).

It was not uncommon for Worf to command the Defiant on missions whilst Sisko remained on the station. See for example Rejoined, Rules of Engagement, For the Cause and so on.

I think in a novel, it explains that Admiral Hayes didn't want Sisko fighting the Borg in the Defiant in a similar way he didn't want Picard going after them in the Enterprise-E in "Star Trek: First Contact."