Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Space Elf

10 minor goofs you never noticed in 'Star Trek'

6 posts in this topic

Quite a list. Check it out here.

This list is just as fun. Check this one out as well, here.

7 minutes ago, Space Elf said:

Quite a list. Check it out here.

I can't watch those ever again.... :P

spoileralert.gif

Me, later on tonight...

crying-gif-11.gif

I'm sorry but the truth must come out

tumblr_nam0pt8gzd1smrflxo4_250_zpsm8edqm

49 minutes ago, Space Elf said:

I'm sorry but the truth must come out

tumblr_nam0pt8gzd1smrflxo4_250_zpsm8edqm

So cruel... :P

tenor.gif

To me, those seem so minor as to not be worth mentioning.  The miracle of TOS is always how well they did with how little they had, whether that be time, money, or support from the network.  They were all working insane hours, a lot of scenes only got a single take, they had a tiny handful of producers and story editors overseeing the whole shebang, and yet it started a phenomenon that continues to this day.

A hint of plywood or a glimpse of microphone means nothing to me.  Besides, my aged eyes probably can't see those things, anyway. :P

6 hours ago, Corylea said:

To me, those seem so minor as to not be worth mentioning.  The miracle of TOS is always how well they did with how little they had, whether that be time, money, or support from the network.  They were all working insane hours, a lot of scenes only got a single take, they had a tiny handful of producers and story editors overseeing the whole shebang, and yet it started a phenomenon that continues to this day.

A hint of plywood or a glimpse of microphone means nothing to me.  Besides, my aged eyes probably can't see those things, anyway. :P

As a member of the glasses-wearing community, I agree; a few of those I'd been aware of but most I hadn't.   One I remember spotting as a kid (when my eyes were much sharper) was a shadow walking across the set in "Space Seed" when Khan hears that Kirk is coming and walks up to a doorway to surprise him.   You can SEE the head and shoulders of a man's shadow walking across the foreground of the set...and I spotted that one on my parent's crappy old 25" Zenith! :laugh:

But yes, I agree; technical gaffes mean little in the service of a good adventure, and ST certainly succeeded in that.  I'm also a fan of the classic Doctor Who series, and that one also has its share of gaffes as well.  But honestly, they rarely (if ever) bothered me.  The fact that I only noticed them on repeated viewings is a testament to the ability of these classic shows to cast such a powerful spell over their audiences. 

I equate them with a good magic show; you're show busy watching what you're supposed to watch that you don't notice the slight of hand or the hidden compartment...