Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

Bad Reviews for POWER RANGERS Movie ?

Recommended Posts

Power Rangers = Bad Movie ???
 
POWER RANGERS Reviews Are Decidedly Mixed; Refuses To Fully Embrace The Mystique Of The Power Rangers
 
The first batch of reviews for Power Rangers are in and they're fairly mixed, to say the least. There's plenty of fun to be had, especially with Rita Repulsa, but as a whole, it seems to fall just short.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenman   

SHOCK! WHO WOULD EVER GUESS?

I mean it's only a property with a base of 11 year olds being darkened up for more mature audiences that have either moved on or that have totally forgotten or never realized just how crappy the original show actually was.  I loved the show when I was a kid too...but at some point you grow up and realize that not all childhood nostalgia shows hold up upon adult eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kenman said:

SHOCK! WHO WOULD EVER GUESS?

I mean it's only a property with a base of 11 year olds being darkened up for more mature audiences that have either moved on or that have totally forgotten or never realized just how crappy the original show actually was.  I loved the show when I was a kid too...but at some point you grow up and realize that not all childhood nostalgia shows hold up upon adult eyes.

Not much to add other than my complete agreement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Not much to add other than my complete agreement.

I agree too, and I kinda loved those Japanese shows in which this franchise is  based.

Gus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not surprised either, they never should have resurrected the Power Rangers in the first place, I liked the show fine, cheesy as it was, it was a huge part of my childhood. However, from what I've heard they've inserted more representation in the movie - and if younger folks see this and find themselves represented and grow up with these Power Rangers... well, there are worse things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

elizabeth-banks-films-stunts-as-rita-rep

 

I admit that I find Rita oddly alluring just now, but I was too old for Power Rangers even when it was a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenman   
1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

I'm not surprised either, they never should have resurrected the Power Rangers in the first place, I liked the show fine, cheesy as it was, it was a huge part of my childhood. However, from what I've heard they've inserted more representation in the movie - and if younger folks see this and find themselves represented and grow up with these Power Rangers... well, there are worse things.

The biggest problem I see is that it looks stylistically to be aimed at adults. It looks dark and gritty. I wouldn't take an 11 year old to see something like this. It looks like its adding a bit of that Dark Knight route, when it should be pure light colorful entertainment. Because the target audiemce should be new 11 year olds, not the people that were 11 when the original came out.

They can put in all the representation they want, wont matter if no one goes to see what looks like a truly dreadful filmgoing experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kenman said:

The biggest problem I see is that it looks stylistically to be aimed at adults. It looks dark and gritty. I wouldn't take an 11 year old to see something like this. It looks like its adding a bit of that Dark Knight route, when it should be pure light colorful entertainment. Because the target audiemce should be new 11 year olds, not the people that were 11 when the original came out.

They can put in all the representation they want, wont matter if no one goes to see what looks like a truly dreadful filmgoing experience.

Yeah by "younger people" I meant 16 year olds maybe, not 11 year olds. I did see that the movie doesn't seem to be targeted at very young folks, and that's a shame indeed - THEY are the ones who are supposed to love the Power Rangers, we adults already HAVE our Rangers. Another shame about the representation, yeah - they finally add HUGE chunks of it and then the movie is bad. Shaka, when the walls fell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..............................

POWER RANGERS Producer Haim Saban Reveals They Already Have A Six-Movie Arc Mapped Out; Green Ranger Revealed

Following last night's morphinomenal Power Rangers premiere, we have new comments from both producer Haim Saban & Red Ranger actor Dacre Montgomery regarding the film's potential sequels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenman   

Six movie arc? Sounds to me like it should've been a TV show.

Oh wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this