Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

DISCOVERY Comics from IDW

7 posts in this topic

TrekMovie posted an interview with IDW JJ Trek comics writer Mike Johnson in which he talks about following the events of STAR TREK BEYOND with the BOLDLY GO series and reveals IDW plans for a DISCOVERY comic book series. Read more at

http://trekmovie.com/2017/03/01/interview-mike-johnson-teases-murder-discovery-and-more-in-upcoming-star-trek-comics/

gUS

Great news!  I love the work that IDW does on these comics.  I think they are too expensive for the length of each comic, but I enjoy the art and storytelling.  I like the idea of close tie-in comics.

Can we get a TV series first?  :laugh:

I wish they would just publish anything showing the cast on their uniforms, a drawing, a photo or a trailer, I just want to see things in context.

1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Can we get a TV series first?  :laugh:

Eh, all this licensing stuff just shows confidence on CBS' part.  They are already licensing out books and comics based on the show, they have hopes that there will be a demand right off the bat.  Not totally a bad thing.

The first STAR TREK DISCOVERY novel will be called STAR TREK: DISCOVERY - DESPERATE HOURS  and its being written by David Mack (SOURCE ; Mack page on Facebook) 

Gus

I wish the novel was more of a set up for the show and that we could read it before the series starts. But I don't think the book will be out until after the series starts.