Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robin Bland

Discovery's New Captain

11 posts in this topic

He's a pretty good actor. It'll be interesting to see how he's written, with the main character being the first officer.

Good to know that we finally got a Captain for the Discovery. 

Great choice. I thought someone else was going to be captain though ...

6 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

I dunno if this one is news, because I am not following some of DISCOVERY news............well, its from TV GUIDE and was posted this morning

Star Trek: Discovery Adds Five New Cast Members

Gus

Nice to see Rheka Sharma added to the lineup!  She is not only a veteran of Ron Moore's terrific version of "Battlestar Galactica" but she also starred in E8 of Star Trek Continues!  She's practically part of the family already!

Welcome aboard, Rheka.

The rest of the new cast members I"m not as readily familiar with, but I'll take a better look...

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Nice to see Rheka Sharma added to the lineup!  She is not only a veteran of Ron Moore's terrific version of "Battlestar Galactica" but she also starred in E8 of Star Trek Continues!  She's practically part of the family already!

Welcome aboard, Rheka.

The rest of the new cast members I"m not as readily familiar with, but I'll take a better look...

Here is an interview with her on the set of Star Trek Continues:

INTERVIEW

Seems like she "gets it."

Edited by Locutus

BSG's Tory! Cool. 

Met her, once. She was lovely. 

Shazad Latif is also famed in the UK for his role as Clem Fandango in a comedy show called Toast of London, which is extremely funny. Well, I think it is. And he was excellent as Jekyll on Penny Dreadful. 

Deadline have reported that CBS network’s Star Trek: Discovery has added new additions to its cast, including Rekha Sharma ( Battlestar Galactica, The 100) as Commander Landry, the security officer of the Starship Discovery. Additionally, Clare McConnell (Dim the Fluorescents) and Damon Runyan (Suits, SupernaturalGangland Undercover) have been added as Dennas and Ujilli, respectively, leaders in the Klingon Empire. Kenneth Mitchell (Jericho, The Astronaut Wives Club, Frequency) has also been cast as role as Kol, a commanding officer in the Klingon empire. Additional cast includes Sonequa Martin-Green, Rainn Wilson, James Frain, Anthony Rapp, Michelle Yeoh, Jason Isaacs, Terry Serpico, Maulik Pancholy, and Sam Vartholomeos.

Gus

4 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

Deadline have reported that CBS network’s Star Trek: Discovery has added new additions to its cast, including Rekha Sharma ( Battlestar Galactica, The 100) as Commander Landry, the security officer of the Starship Discovery. Additionally, Clare McConnell (Dim the Fluorescents) and Damon Runyan (Suits, SupernaturalGangland Undercover) have been added as Dennas and Ujilli, respectively, leaders in the Klingon Empire. Kenneth Mitchell (Jericho, The Astronaut Wives Club, Frequency) has also been cast as role as Kol, a commanding officer in the Klingon empire. Additional cast includes Sonequa Martin-Green, Rainn Wilson, James Frain, Anthony Rapp, Michelle Yeoh, Jason Isaacs, Terry Serpico, Maulik Pancholy, and Sam Vartholomeos.

Gus

Um... didn't you already post the same news earlier Gus? :confused:

Well, but this have more info for those who didnt click in the TV GUIDE link.....

Damn, maybe I am just getting senile at 47......sigh

Gus