Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

2017 Razzies Awards - The Winners (or LOSERS !)

9 posts in this topic

2017 Razzies Awards Winners: ‘Batman v Superman’ Takes As Many Hits as ‘Hillary’s America’

No surprises there, and I must admit that BvS deserved every Razzie it got LOL  I am glad that the awful Jesse Eisenberg has won as WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR as Lex Luthorand the movie won as WORST SCREENPLAY and WORST SEQUEL. The only thing missing was Zach Snyder as worst director, LOL;

Gus

2017 Razzies Awards Winners: ‘Batman v Superman’ Takes As Many Hits as ‘Hillary’s America’

No surprises there, and I must admit that BvS deserved every Razzie it got LOL  I am glad that the awful Jesse Eisenberg has won as WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR as Lex Luthorand the movie won as WORST SCREENPLAY and WORST SEQUEL. The only thing missing was Zach Snyder as worst director, LOL;

Gus

Yeah, Eisenberg's Luthor was definitely one of the times where I wanted to punch this movie in the nose....

Eisenberg's characters are all the same guy.

Yeah, his Luthor was basically his "Social Network" version of Marc Zuckerberg on meth. 

Yeah, his Luthor was basically his "Social Network" version of Marc Zuckerberg on meth. 

I think they hired him based on it and, as unimaginative as the film is in other ways, that's all they wanted him to do.

I think they hired him based on it and, as unimaginative as the film is in other ways, that's all they wanted him to do.

And I liked the idea of Luthor being this tech savvy younger genius as opposed to the 1940s idea of the stereotype 'mad scientist'; your technology innovations today are made by young people in sneakers and t-shirts at CERN, MIT and Caltech not old bald guys in lab coats.  Where BvS went off the rails was, as you say, in the unimaginative execution of that idea.

I like the Smallville idea of Luthor and Superman having this complex history, but that's a lot harder to pull off in a 2 or more hour film.   But Smallville (overall) wasn't my cup of tea either.  It was more "Buffy" than Superman, and frankly, I liked Buffy a lot better.   Tom Welling was a bit too stiff too. 

What this franchise needs (beyond a reboot) is someone to come in, ala Nick Meyer, and pick elements from each Superman story/film/TV show that work, and blend them all together into a coherent screenplay.

Money says Meyer could do it in two weeks, too.

The problem with Smallville was that the show outlasted the premise.  Clark was ready to be Superman by year 5, and the show lasted I think through year 10.  They were already introducing concepts of Superman, including Supergirl, Zod, Lois and many Superman villains.  They only didn't have him fly because of that stupid rule they had at the beginning, which made no sense.  When other Kryptonians flew, it made Clark look like he had a disability.

I loved Smallville, but I think the show would have benefited from becoming a full fledged Superman show.

I couldn't agree more that they need a Meyer or a Moffat--someone who gets the characters, and I keep saying it, but the success of DC movies requires getting Superman right. 

And I also believe that the talent to do this right DOES exist.  The guys who did the cartoons and the guys currently working on TV--they get it.  Who knows what their brains could accomplish with a movie budget?

They just have the wrong people in charge. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0