GustavoLeao

RIP Bill Paxton

Yes, I just heard that this morning; man, that is terrible.  

He's been in some of my favorite movies, including most of James Cameron's best, including ALIENS, Terminator, Titanic, and True Lies.  I also loved his role as astronaut Fred Haise in Apollo 13 (arguably one of the BEST space movies ever made).  He was also an accomplished director (and began as an art director).   He was, as his friend Rob Lowe said, a 'true rennaissance man.'  

RIP, Bill Paxton.

He also recently completed a six-episode arc on the first season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and did a pretty god job on the show

He was basically present in almost all of James Cameron movies (I think ALIENS was his first movie).

Gus

Sim   

I also enjoyed his role in the series "Big Love" (even though the show itself was a mixed bag, IMO). He was a great actor.

RIP, Bill Paxton, and thank you!

kenman   

He also recently completed a six-episode arc on the first season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and did a pretty god job on the show

He was basically present in almost all of James Cameron movies (I think ALIENS was his first movie).

Gus

He actually appeared in a bit role in Terminator.  He and Cameron both worked behind the scenes on Low-budget Roger Corman stuff, and they formed a friendship that went through many of Cameron films.

From what I've read, he was one of the few really down to Earth nice guys in Hollywood. 

Gus

He actually appeared in a bit role in Terminator.  He and Cameron both worked behind the scenes on Low-budget Roger Corman stuff, and they formed a friendship that went through many of Cameron films.

From what I've read, he was one of the few really down to Earth nice guys in Hollywood. 

I kick myself for not attending the. ALIENS reunion last year at Comic Con, but it was in Hall H; which basically requires one to miss half the convention waiting in line.  Thanks, but no thanks.

That said, Kenman is right. He appeared as a punk who approaches the naked Terminator at the beginning of the movie.  He's the one who gets that wonderful line when a naked Schwarzengger appears att Griffith Park Observatory, "Nice night for a walk, eh?"

Just saw this. Awwwww. What a gut-punch. He was a marvelous character actor... just one of the best. He was just always good, in anything he touched. I sort of fell in love with him as Hudson in Aliens, but his range was so, so wide. 

RIP the excellent Bill Paxton. 

Just saw this. Awwwww. What a gut-punch. He was a marvelous character actor... just one of the best. He was just always good, in anything he touched. I sort of fell in love with him as Hudson in Aliens, but his range was so, so wide. 

RIP the excellent Bill Paxton. 

Hudson was his signature role for me as well, but I agree he was multitalented.   What really hurts is the fact that he was only 61. I'm sure most of his family was assuming he'd pull through his heart surgery; what a horrific shock.

So deeply sad, this is...

maneth   

This is so sad. I remember him best as Fred Haise in Apollo 13.

Such a good movie.  One of my all-time favorites.  I've watched it more times than I can count; it's an instant pick-me-up. 

maneth   

Such a good movie.  One of my all-time favorites.  I've watched it more times than I can count; it's an instant pick-me-up. 

I've watched it so many times by now that if I want to watch it again, I'll have to wait until my husband and son go camping and leave me in peace. :P

I've watched it so many times by now that if I want to watch it again, I'll have to wait until my husband and son go camping and leave me in peace. :P

LOL! 

Same with my wife; sometimes I put it on during exercise because it motivates me... especially Horner's magnificent music (w. Annie Lennox's vocals).