Sign in to follow this  
Zinnax

Nice to Meet You!

Zinnax   

Hello :-)

I have seen almost every episode of Star Trek, and it is really the only "fandom" that I've been able to call myself a part of. I'm usually not a very dedicated fan, as many of you seem to be (which is awesome; I've always envied people who can hold interest in shows for so long!). Star Trek is the one show that has continued to fascinate me. I have recently joined a few different forums, but I think this one is going to quickly become my favorite. :~)

:Gold:

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Zinnax

You'll find this to be a very broad-minded board with many different opinions but generally respectful discussion.  Even the Kobayashi Maru forum is pretty comfortable, even if expressions are more robust.  Here's hoping you enjoy the place.

Edited by Mutai Sho-Rin

Hello :-)

I have seen almost every episode of Star Trek, and it is really the only "fandom" that I've been able to call myself a part of. I'm usually not a very dedicated fan, as many of you seem to be (which is awesome; I've always envied people who can hold interest in shows for so long!). Star Trek is the one show that has continued to fascinate me. I have recently joined a few different forums, but I think this one is going to quickly become my favorite. :~)

:Gold:

Thanks for reading!

Welcome aboard!  Post often and prosper. 

We hope to hear a lot more from you! :) 

Sim   

Hello Zinnax, nice to meet you! :)

If I may ask, which Star Trek series is your favorite and which do you like least?

Looking forward to reading from you! =)

Zinnax   

If I may ask, which Star Trek series is your favorite and which do you like least?

Hi Sim!

I like DS9 the most--the character arcs, the goth feel, the badassery of Captain Sisko...lol. Even the tertiary characters were well-developed! My least favorite series is TNG. It was often corny, and poorly-developed stock characters abounded. It covered many different issues, but I think the writers held back quite a bit. That being said, it was still better than 90% of other shows that I've watched! (It's still Star Trek, after all.) Thanks for asking! What do you think of my unpopular opinion? lol.

And thanks to everyone for your replies! :dance:

Sim   

Hi Sim!

I like DS9 the most--the character arcs, the goth feel, the badassery of Captain Sisko...lol. Even the tertiary characters were well-developed! My least favorite series is TNG. It was often corny, and poorly-developed stock characters abounded. It covered many different issues, but I think the writers held back quite a bit. That being said, it was still better than 90% of other shows that I've watched! (It's still Star Trek, after all.) Thanks for asking! What do you think of my unpopular opinion? lol.

And thanks to everyone for your replies! :dance:

Thank you for your reply! =)

Not unpopular at all, at least not on this board... or rather, only half-unpopular. DS9 seems to be the favorite of many people here, including myself. :laugh:

The character development on DS9 is really amazing ... still holds the test of time after 20 years, IMO.

But TNG is a favorite of mine, too... maybe I'd have a different opinion on it, if there wasn't so much nostalgia connected to me with TNG. I can't really decide which I like most, TOS, TNG or DS9... it changes depending on my mood. But I agree DS9 is the most sophisticated show.

My least favorite is VOY. I tried to love the show, but didn't manage to. IMO, there are too many inconsistencies and missed opportunities... and while DS9 had so amazing characters that watching even mediocre episodes was worthwhile, VOY is the opposite for me: I just don't care about the characters, so even watching the better episodes is tiresome. (I like the VOY "relaunch" novels by Kirsten Beyer, though.)

Edited by Sim

This is why I kind of hate picking favorites among Star Trek; it's all ST as far as I'm concerned.  DS9 arguably has more consistency, granted; but TNG has many single episodes and two-parters that are simply magnificent.   And even VGR (my least favorite) has a good handful of really solid episodes.  

I just prefer to think of myself as a ST fan, and not a DS9 or TNG or ENT or VGR fan.  It's all Star Trek to me...:thumbup: