Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

Rumor : DISCOVERY Theme Music Online ?

I don't think this is legit, they would not allow something as important as the theme just to "leak in the internet" because someone tweeted it

Nope. It NOT legit.

TrekCore didnt post this because they confirmed with CBS a few weeks back that this guy isn't connected with DISCOVERY at all.

Sorry, fellas.

Gus

Besides, post production additions such as music or FX are usually the last things to be finished; I get the impression they're not ready for that yet...

kenman   

Yea they only jut began shooting. I'm not saying they haven't talked to some composers about submitting music and/or possible themes, but I think it is unlikely that they have it finalized in any capacity when it comes to music.

It's from a fan film, and is a bit too busy, but it's nice that the fan film is using something kind of original. It was also called Discovery, but it's from a few years ago. The fan is probbly amused that someone out there thinks this is the score, or is putting it in himself claiming it is, which it is not. As some of you figured, they will not be working on a theme until late in production. Musical scores need to match scenes. You can't just put in something jumpy for a somber scene, or vise versa. A lot of fan films just crib songs from the series, which tends to annoy me because it make you want to watch the movie they're riffing it from instead.