StarrTrekkie

My spacecraft designs!

Hi guys! I have been on this forum for a while, but never posting. This is my very first post! I have designed several starships, and i guess posting them here is the only thing I can do with them.

So! First up is the USS Minnesota, NCC-1982. It was built in 2231 by Section 31, as an early "Temporal Explorer". Almost no-one knew about it and the crew was not allowed to talk about their missions to anyone, so as not to contaminate the timeline. 

Minnesota_History.thumb.jpg.a79f5f0185f5

(Sorry for the large image, i can't make it smaller.)

My second ship is a pre-TNG ship, launched in 2312. The USS Invictus, NCC-98212-B.  The (rough) designs for the ship were on the drawing board for almost a century, before Starfleet decided to revamp it for launch, hence the B. I have several images of it, so I will only show 3.

TnQWysd.jpg

The Invictus sits in empty space, patrolling the neutral zone.

O9wAxRq.jpg

The Invictus is in a hurry to be somewhere.

1GvaZsy.jpg

The USS Invictus in drydock.

The next ship was designed as a predecessor to the Akira, while still having TOS and TNG features. The USS Conflict, NX-2131!

Benstarr.thumb.png.897004591be748c40a7c0

The USS Conflict heads towards a planet.

Next up is the USS Pathfinder, NCC-10926. It is a long range science vessel designed to stop anything like the Borg or Xindi every happening again by venturing into deep space and making peaceful relations.

Pathfinder.thumb.png.3c51913c7031d92c53a

So, tell me what you think! Which one of my ships do you think looks best? What could i do to improve? Thanks!

BY THE WAY, how do you reply/comment to topics? I want to post my new ideas, but i can't!

Edited by StarrTrekkie
HELP!

rta-man   

I like the USS Invictus, but the nacelles seem to be too small.  Or is that using 2 small ones to create the power of one large one?  Either way, I like the USS Invictus.

Interesting looking ships. The TrekYards web site also has a lot of reviews of designs of various scifi ships, including Trek, and interviews the designers from the shows, and fan designers also. Maybe they might do yours. One of the ships seems a little dark, but with some tweaking it could look pretty cool. Tjhe space lego megablocks looking one reminds me of the Star Wars Lego ships. Are you using a video toaster starship creator?

Interesting looking ships. The TrekYards web site also has a lot of reviews of designs of various scifi ships, including Trek, and interviews the designers from the shows, and fan designers also. Maybe they might do yours. One of the ships seems a little dark, but with some tweaking it could look pretty cool. Tjhe space lego megablocks looking one reminds me of the Star Wars Lego ships. Are you using a video toaster starship creator?

Video toaster?

Is that a toaster with a TV screen on it?

No, I use Blender3d, an open source 3d modeling software.

They used to call the program video toaster when it was done a decade ago.

Oh. I only started last year.

By the way, I am working on a TMP Era ship. I do not have a name for it yet, but it is sort of a mix between the Oberth class and the Defiant.

Edited by StarrTrekkie