Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

Kids Choice Awards and STAR TREK BEYOND

8 posts in this topic

Nickelodeon Announces 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards Nominations

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America: Civil War, Ghostbusters, Kevin Hart and Justin Timberlake Earn Most Nods across 28 Categories. What about STAR TREK BEYOND ?

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170202005825/en/Nickelodeon-Announces-2017-Kids’-Choice-Awards-Nominations

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

Well Krall's with the favourite villains apparently so that's good. I would not expect ST Beyond to be in a kid's list anyway, the movie is not for kids, it can be fun to watch, but different from Rogue One or Civil War, the movie has a strong plot point focous on the insanity of a man who lost himself in the glory of the past, not something a kid would easily understand. The okward last minut reveal doesen't help much either. I know people who are not kids and got lost on what was happening.

BATMAN vs SUPERMAN and SUICIDE SQUAD are not for kids either, but appears to be popular with them, nevertheless

BATMAN vs SUPERMAN and SUICIDE SQUAD are not for kids either, but appears to be popular with them, nevertheless

Still, those are "easier" movies to understand, even if a kid doesen't get it all, it's not substantial to understand the story, which is not the case with STB, where if you don't get how war works and how it can break a man, the whole movies makes no sense at all. 

Still, those are "easier" movies to understand, even if a kid doesen't get it all, it's not substantial to understand the story, which is not the case with STB, where if you don't get how war works and how it can break a man, the whole movies makes no sense at all. 

^
Think Garak nailed it. 

Well, to me BEYOND made no sense at all, either

Perhaps if it had come before STID, it might have been better. 

I think that was the general reaction to the movie, the reveal at the last minute left a lot of people confused, and if adults ( even fans ) can be confused by a ST movie, imagine what little kids who never watched ST feel like.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0