Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Admiral Harmon

Excluding the Borg, what faction would have the best chance defeating the Federation?

30 posts in this topic

V'Ger.    The Borg, the Dominion, Federation, Klingons, Romulans combined would never be able to penatrate that 2 AU (or 82 depending which verson you watch) in diameter. And it would seem those plasma bolts would finish a ship in 1 or 2 hits. 

If the humans start acting like 21st century humans they could easily destroy the Federation from within.

20 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

V'Ger.    The Borg, the Dominion, Federation, Klingons, Romulans combined would never be able to penatrate that 2 AU (or 82 depending which verson you watch) in diameter. And it would seem those plasma bolts would finish a ship in 1 or 2 hits. 

Too bad it never learned to wipe a bit of schmutz off of its own nameplate.   All of that confusion, destruction and misunderstanding....due to bad personal hygiene. :giggle:

Posted (edited)

Apparantly, none of the Living Machines were equipped with brushes to give V'ger a bath. I guess hygiene is not a priority on a planet of living machines. Bet they are all rusted and stinky!!! :cylonnono:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
typo

For all the people that said the Dominion ...

attachment.php?s=42798704de3210ce9103e8e

I too vote Dominion. The show frequently narrowly had them win but ... bad guys can't win in Trek. :P

The Voth seem like they could destroy the UFP. Q (the continuum or an individual). Organians maybe (or any non-corporeal alien race).

In TNG - Q implied that there were a lot of odd strange alien races that the Federation was not ready for. Sadly, we never saw any such thing in VOY. :/ But I imagine there are tons of alien races that could destroy the UFP.

On 2/2/2017 at 1:17 PM, Chimera82405 said:

The Dominion and their space crack smoking clone army and their businessmen mafia were kind of silly, but lethal. They also were on the other side of a wormhole the Emissary could effectively close by contacting the aliens that ran it, which was done in that one season. They also made one of the Jem Hadar fleets vanish. Why didn't they ask them to close it off just to their ships? The war is over. Starved for energy and new ships, with their shipyards blasted by the Romulans or Klingons, they would effectively be cut off, like a resistance from one country, which has one port. Why the Federation didn't just hold up a blockade in front of it for 3 years and shoot any Founder ship passing through is not known. They would eventually get the hint. Still they did get around this on the show, DS9, and tried to make it make some sense, except for the ending where they basically bribe the Founder lady into an armistice for the cure from Odo, which he gives to the link, of a retrovirus the section 31 invented. And who's to say the Founder queen was even redeemed at the end? She could just recover, turn around and kick Odo out and get back to business as usual. So no, the Dominion could not have finished off the Federation. It had too many issues. Section 31 in leu of this, pulled the strings and could have made a more powerful virus, wiping them out.

And another thing, in TV and movies you can have a shape shifter behave like you and he acts just like you, without even knowing your subtleties, movements, motions or any of that, when in the real world you would easily spot a clone fake. He or she woul not act or behave like you, or would be off somehow, being an alien. Also he or she could not possibly smell like you, so you could catch him, or your close relations would, in some way.

That wouldn't have worked. Sisko had to beg the Prophets to interfere that one time and they "punished" him for it. They weren't going to be involved any further.

The Federation didn't blockade the Dominion ships coming through because at the time they weren't attacking them. If they randomly started blowing up their ships - I'm sure that would make the UFP the aggressor. It wasn't until tons of convoys had already gotten through that Sisko forced their hands.

The Female Founder was imprisoned by the Federation. She couldn't "kick Odo out" because she wasn't part of the Great Link anymore. That is why Odo went to cure his race instead of her. Considering that this was the first conflict the Dominion lost in a long time - I doubt they'd want to go back to business as usual. They nearly all died. And for what? To conquer the Federation? A group that doesn't want to harm them anyways.

The Dominion absolutely could have wiped out the Federation and nearly did several times but there were constant "luck" factors. The Founders would have gotten away with putting Martok as Chancellor if Odo hadn't happened to have been there to notice something was off with him. The Founders would have kept the Romulans out of the war if it hadn't been for Sisko/Garak lying. The Founders would have consumed the Alpha Quadrant if the Prophets had not stepped in. The Founders would have won a war of attrition if Section 31 hadn't infected them, thus culminating to Bashir's cure and Odo's offer. Every time - there were minor factors from the DS9 crew that let them tip the scales of war by an inch...

As for the Founders and shape-shifting:

Intelligence gathering. I'm sure the Founders did not just appear out of no where and take over Admirals, Chancellors, doctors, etc. I'm sure they stake them out and observe them. Enough to pose as them. If someone acts odd, they could play it off that they are not feeling well or some excuse. No one would immediately think ".....are you REALLY my friend?"

The Bashir Founder was so convincing that he even performed surgery on Sisko in the episode "Rapture". (this is mostly due to the fact that they had yet decided to have Bashir be abducted in his old uniform). Bashir and O'Brien even talk about it when Bashir returns:

Four weeks? Are you telling me I've been hanging around with a Changeling for over a month?"
"And you even never suspected it wasn't me?"
"No! And the worst part is, the clues were right in front of me!"
"What clues?"
"Well, for one thing, he was a lot easier to get along with."

The average person would dismiss any irregularities unless it is major out of character.

Plus, they do make minor mistakes for people who are observant. Like Odo did with the Martok Founder....

I'm sure given time - anyone who discovers something is weird - by that point the Founder does whatever job they need to and moves on anyways.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0