Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

Ben Affleck no longer directing The Batman

Some people are crazy.......and just plain dumb......................LOL

A Petition Has Been Started For JUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder To Take The Helm Of THE BATMAN

With Ben Affleck now confirmed to no longer direct The Batman, the hunt for a new filmmaker to take over has begun, but many fans would like to see Zack Snyder take charge of the Dark Knight's world. Arghhhhh.

Jesus. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Petition Has Been Started For JUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder To Take The Helm Of THE BATMAN

With Ben Affleck now confirmed to no longer direct The Batman, the hunt for a new filmmaker to take over has begun, but many fans would like to see Zack Snyder take charge of the Dark Knight's world. Arghhhhh.

Dunno....I actually liked the much maligned Man of Steel, my main problem with it being all the flashbacks he kept putting in there. Had it been a more chronological film, with his childhood coming before his adulthood, people might have taken it more kindly. I could see a solo superhero film with Zack Snyder doing better then his ensemble movies.

Dunno....I actually liked the much maligned Man of Steel, my main problem with it being all the flashbacks he kept putting in there. Had it been a more chronological film, with his childhood coming before his adulthood, people might have taken it more kindly. I could see a solo superhero film with Zack Snyder doing better then his ensemble movies.

Honestly, that really might have helped a bit, but the biggest problem is that DC simply doesn't comprehend Superman. There really is no other way to say it.

Honestly, that really might have helped a bit, but the biggest problem is that DC simply doesn't comprehend Superman. There really is no other way to say it.

Marvel does a better modern Superman with their Captain America movies...

Marvel does a better modern Superman with their Captain America movies...

This. Captain America is more "wholesome American guy trying to bring truth and justice to a shades of gray world" than Superman.

That's what DC wants him to be in 2017, but, at this point, I even hesitate to call him one of the good guys, much less some paragon of virtue.

Edited by prometheus59650

Absolutely true.  Cap is by far more in tune with who Superman is than Superman in the DC movies.  Superman is the hero that other superheroes look up to.

kenman   

Damage control alert part 2

Warner Bros. And Ben Affleck Reportedly "Very Happy" With THE BATMAN's Script

Despite some worrying reports about where things currently stand with The Batman, a far more reliable source has now weighed in and provided a much-need positive update on the current screenplay.

Warner Bros tells Affleck to put some positive spin out there or they will void his Contract.

I dunno, I dont think this is a rumor at all...............................time  will tell, I think.

RUMOR: After First Stepping Away As Director, Ben Affleck Now Wants Out Of Playing THE BATMAN

We're going to be taking this one with a massive pinch of salt, but rumor has it that Ben Affleck wants to leave the role of Batman behind him after recently stepping away as director on the next film

I dunno, I dont think this is a rumor at all...............................time  will tell, I think.

RUMOR: After First Stepping Away As Director, Ben Affleck Now Wants Out Of Playing THE BATMAN

We're going to be taking this one with a massive pinch of salt, but rumor has it that Ben Affleck wants to leave the role of Batman behind him after recently stepping away as director on the next film

A shame.

His Batman was my single favorite thing about BvS.

I still don't think this is a bad thing--and it sets a precedent for recasting.

I also still want a Batman in his prime, not an aging one.

I also still think that if they want to continue this universe, it needs to be blown up and restarted.  I don't care if they restart it with a new Justice League and then branch out (a reverse Marvel), but the tone and characterization is all wrong.

A shame.

His Batman was my single favorite thing about BvS.

Agreed !

Gus

Would The Batman really be "highly anticipated?"  It's not like we haven't had a ton of Batman movies.  I want a high quality Superman movie.

kenman   

Would The Batman really be "highly anticipated?"  It's not like we haven't had a ton of Batman movies.  I want a high quality Superman movie.

Batman is always highly anticipated. Superman hasn't really been for decades. 

Superman HAS been highly anticipated.  But they haven't delivered anything remotely close to being good in decades.  37 years is a long time to make bad movies.  But he's been more successful on TV than anything Batman related. 

Batman's been done.  It's always good to have a new Batman movie, but I wouldn't exactly compare this upcoming movie to a Star Wars film or Star Trek in say 2009. 

kenman   

What is Star Wars? Really? As for Batman, people love the character, he is vastly more popular than Supes these days, whether you believe it or not. They haven't delivered, but I really don't see much anticipation for movies with the character as I have with Batman...Batman has just eclipsed Superman in popularity these days. 

Superman does kick the snot out of Batman on television.  Batman is only doing better in movies because writers have no clue how to write for Superman.  Batman has never had a TV show last 10 years, preceded by a show that lasted 4. 

Batman movies are far more successful, but again, bad writing. 

Man of Steel opened at $116 million.  Batman Begins opened at $48 million, according to Box Office Mojo.  They opened 8 years apart, but there wasn't 100 percent inflation.  Superman was highly anticipated, and it failed to deliver.

Batman Begins sequels did better because they delivered. 

Superman does kick the snot out of Batman on television.  Batman is only doing better in movies because writers have no clue how to write for Superman.  Batman has never had a TV show last 10 years, preceded by a show that lasted 4. 

Batman movies are far more successful, but again, bad writing. 

Man of Steel opened at $116 million.  Batman Begins opened at $48 million, according to Box Office Mojo.  They opened 8 years apart, but there wasn't 100 percent inflation.  Superman was highly anticipated, and it failed to deliver.

Batman Begins sequels did better because they delivered. 

I would also counter that Man Of Steel opened so strong because the Nolanverse Dark Knight trilogy whetted appetites for a continuation in that universe, but with Superman.  

You failed to mention that "Superman Returns" opened a year after Batman Begins and it was a big financial disappointment by comparison. Domestically it didn't even make its budget back.  Overseas, it pulled in even less. That wasn't the case with Nolan's Batman movies, which paved the way (both in look and feel) for the (albeit misguided) Snyder Superman movies. 

Superman HAS been highly anticipated.  But they haven't delivered anything remotely close to being good in decades.  37 years is a long time to make bad movies.  But he's been more successful on TV than anything Batman related. 

Batman's been done.  It's always good to have a new Batman movie, but I wouldn't exactly compare this upcoming movie to a Star Wars film or Star Trek in say 2009. 

I'm with you on this. I'm tired of Batman when there are so many other heroes that could be done. But if they can't even get Supes right.....

Sign in to follow this