Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Admiral Harmon

Which computer case looks the most Borgish to you?

18 posts in this topic

So I am building a new gaming computer. My last one died the death and getting new parts to fix whatever is wrong doesn't seem to be working.

So, it's a new gaming pc for me. Completely new set up and everything. I want to get a case that looks like it's Borg, so I have three candidates. Which one do you think invokes the Borg image the most?

1. Apvia X-Cruiser $75.00

41EIT0XUOML.jpg

It has the look and those lights on the front have an LED readout for temperature in the pc.

2. Apvia-X Hermes $59.99

11-144-291-12.jpg?w=660&h=500

Nothing too overly special about this case, except for the green shines through everything more or less.

3. Apvia X-Sniper $59.99

11-144-287-11.jpg?w=660&h=500

This has the most Cube like shape. but does lack the more heavy green presence then the other ones.

Now, I am good with any of them, as each have appealing things to them. But if you guys were to walk into a room and see the PC, which one would you instantly go, "This looks like Borg"?

My vote is for #1. Reminds me most of a segment of a regeneration chamber for some reason.

My vote is for #1. Reminds me most of a segment of a regeneration chamber for some reason.

The whole little LED display behind the head of the drones. Yeah, I thought that too!

#1.

It looks the most alien of the bunch. 

#1.

It looks the most alien of the bunch. 

Doing some research into it I've read the case actually has cut a lot of people. I guess it has sharp edges or something? Having built (this would be my third custom gaming pc) don't know how people would cut themselves on it. lol

Seems like you could cut yourself on almost any case if you're not paying attention.

Edited by prometheus59650

Seems like you could cut yourself on almost any case if you're not paying attention.

Hence, my caseless Mac... :P

I've considered doing a case less pc. Problem is, caseless ones run too hot. lol

I've considered doing a case less pc. Problem is, caseless ones run too hot. lol

My Mac is always cool... :cool: :P

yeah yeah....but I'll bet on PCs over Macs for gaming quality and selection any day of the week. :P

yeah yeah....but I'll bet on PCs over Macs for gaming quality and selection any day of the week. :P

I don't game, so it's cool enough. :thumbup:

I game, but on a console like normal people. :)

Yeah, if you want to be curtailed by the graphics and speed you can have for the games. ;)

Yeah, if you want to be curtailed by the graphics and speed you can have for the games. ;)

At least I don't have to up my graphics card every year or so. Be off with you and your PC Master Race talking points. :P

At least I don't have to up my graphics card every year or so. Be off with you and your PC Master Race talking points. :P

Oh, I don't have to. Even my laptop from three years back can outperform your puny XBOX One. lol

I'd go with the Apvia X-Sniper.  It looks the most similar to a Borg Cube plus it looks like it promotes the most air flow.  In addition to the case, don't forget the Razer Deathstalker keyboard and Razer DeathAdder gaming mouse.  The green lighting will complete the complete Borg image.

I'd go with the Apvia X-Sniper.  It looks the most similar to a Borg Cube plus it looks like it promotes the most air flow.  In addition to the case, don't forget the Razer Deathstalker keyboard and Razer DeathAdder gaming mouse.  The green lighting will complete the complete Borg image.

I actually have the BlackWidow keyboard. That's all green and my redragon mouse can do strict green color as well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0