Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

ROGUE ONE Writer Wants to Write STAR TREK 4

8 posts in this topic

ROGUE ONE Writer Gary Whitta Wants to Write STAR TREK 4

Please Paramount, be smart for a change and hire Whitta right now, he is an excellent screenwriter, and proved to love those space franchises with the excellent ROGUE ONE.

Gus

I would be totally on board with that idea.   I enjoyed STB very much but fresh ideas and approaches are always a good thing.  But I really wish they'd disengage themselves from the George Kirk-is-back idea; it shoots the movie in the foot before it gets the chance to sprint. 

Please Paramount, be smart for a change and hire Whitta right now, he is an excellent screenwriter, and proved to love those space franchises with the excellent ROGUE ONE.

Gus

I would be totally on board with that idea.   I enjoyed STB very much but fresh ideas and approaches are always a good thing.  But I really wish they'd disengage themselves from the George Kirk-is-back idea; it shoots the movie in the foot before it gets the chance to sprint. 

I only think it works if you're doing a mirror universe thing.

Gus

I only think it works if you're doing a mirror universe thing.

I would be okay with it if they did it in a way that is unexpected, but a "Yesterday's Kelvin" storyline simply doesn't interest me.  I'm hoping for a mirror-George or some other thing (maybe George Kirk did something really awful in his past?) that is different than father & son having their Cats in the Cradle moment...

Honestly...not on board with the idea. Rogue One had fine action in it's second half...but it had no story, and the characters all fell flat for me. That could be direction or studio meddling...who knows, but if Rogue One represents his "story"?  Keep it off my Star Trek.  Based on his credits...not someone I would jump for joy for if he got the gig.  He could, of course, prove me wrong...but I have no reason to think he is a major get for Trek (beyond his name attached to the story of a film that made a chunk a change).

Its the JJ TREK universe. Whatever,

Gus

LOL, sorry had tos ay that, its just a little joke

I'm up for that, if not for the writting then for the solo purpose of getting more SW and ST fans to get along haha

But really, I loved Rogue One, seems a great choice

Edited by Garak the spy

I'm up for that, if not for the writting then for the solo purpose of getting more SW and ST fans to get along haha

I really think the Star Wars vs Star Trek thing is fairly overblown. Most Trek fans I see seem to like Star Wars too...just to a lesser extent.  And I am sure there are Star Wars fans who like Trek to a lesser extent (there are just more Wars fans and I just have a feeling that it is more likely to be a big Trek fan and enjoy Wars, than it is to be a big Wars fan and enjoy Trek).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0