kenman

RIP John Hurt

kenman   

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-hurt-dead-elephant-man-809521

Sad, but he lived a full life and played a lot of great parts.  He is essentially the defining moment of the great film "Alien,"  he went on to become the Doctor late in life...and most importantly in my opinion, he had the title role in the fantastic David Lynch film "The Elephant Man."  A great actor, a talent that will be missed. 

Been a fan of his since ALIEN and The Elephant Man.   I told him when I met him (on Valentine's Day of last year) that my wife and I saw his "Contact" on our first date; he said he loved the science of that film.  

Sweet man.  

Missed....:(

kenman   

Elephant Man is definitely my favorite performance of his...that movie is perfect in every way (in my opnion), and his performance, even under heavy make-up, is heartbreaking and beautiful. 

Elephant Man is definitely my favorite performance of his...that movie is perfect in every way (in my opnion), and his performance, even under heavy make-up, is heartbreaking and beautiful. 

That ending just breaks me like a twig in high wind.

Damn. Well, walking memory lane, the first thing I remembered him in was a terrible movie called Partners. Haven't watched the movie since then but I still remember it. 

I loved/hated him in V for Vendetta. Kinda interesting considering current events.

Forever my favorite Caligula. RIP John Hurt. :(

He was also brilliant in Midnight Express as well.  He was a telented man.  I just remember him last year, standing for hours taking pics with all of his fans and signing hundreds of autographs.   He was a trouper.   And then he performed Doctor Who monologues onstage LIVE for the crowd (of which I was lucky to be a part of).   I'm grateful I saw him, but so damn sad at his passing... :(

kenman   

In honor of Mr. Hurt, I listened to his third Big Finish Doctor Who boxset, "Agents of Chaos."  His short run with them has been pretty fantastic so far, he is quite a brilliant Doctor, and that voice was something to treasure.  I believe this month his final boxset is to be released, and I look forward to buying it, and hearing his final performance of his previously unknown incarnation of the Doctor. 

In honor of Mr. Hurt, I listened to his third Big Finish Doctor Who boxset, "Agents of Chaos."  His short run with them has been pretty fantastic so far, he is quite a brilliant Doctor, and that voice was something to treasure.  I believe this month his final boxset is to be released, and I look forward to buying it, and hearing his final performance of his previously unknown incarnation of the Doctor. 

Loved his gravely voice; it was so uniquely his. 

kenman   

Loved his gravely voice; it was so uniquely his. 

It is so perfect for audio.  I look forward to the release of his final outing as the Doctor, and I am thinking of also purchasing Big Finish's full cast adaptation of HG Wells' the Invisible Man, also starring Hurt.